VI

| 1-1 |

| 1-1 |

I ran my fingers down the length of my ponytail. As Reynolds talked my ear off, about releasing the Knight case to Julia.

"Lattimore, this can be a big win overall for the firm. And you're passing it to Williams?" He nagged, asking me the same question— he had already asked me 3 times.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Mr. Reynolds, for the 3r—Yes I am. I feel as if she is just as qualified as I am. I already gave her a brief case review. And I am willing to give her all my notes, so she can catch up."

His normal tanned skin, was a shade of red. He was upset, but quite frankly I didn't care. It's not like I rejected the case all together. It still will be a win for the firm.

"Williams is qualified yes. However, she isn't as experienced as you are in the court room."

Hmm and I wonder why? Maybe because she spent most of her time in hotel beds, at your expense and less time actually handling cases.

But that was neither here nor there. I had already decided to wash my hands with the case.

My mind was made up.

"Sir with all due respect, I am stepping down from the case. And you're just going to have to accept that." I exhorted.

He shook his head in disapproval.

"Lattimore, Mr. Knight has already met with Julia and has contacted me and Beckman. He said it's either you or it's nobody. So I strongly suggest you have a change of heart."

"And by strongly suggest you mean I have no other choice?" I questioned.

Because to me that's what it sounded like. I wasn't gonna give up the good fight, because Julia was dumber than a sack of rocks.

How she passed the bar, was beyond me.

"I'm gonna put it like this Lattimore—either you take this case or you're benched for the rest of this year. And we both know that a big gap like that, isn't good for your name on board or those fancy hand bags."

Did he just threaten me? He knew he couldn't fire me for not taking a case, but benching me? That's a new low.

He was right though, 6 months with no pay would put a dent in my savings. As I have grown comfortable, with the lifestyle I was living.