Chapter 17: Officially Over

*TW- Self harm*

It had been three days. Three days since that morning. He hadn't done it since. He hated himself for it. For giving in, for letting himself enjoy it. And yet, here he was, after three days, back in Myrtle's bathroom. 

Harry couldn't handle it. Ron would talk to him, and they'd end up fighting. Hermione wasn't even trying anymore. This was it; the Golden Trio was coming to an end. He could tell Ron and Hermione had been fighting too, and he knew it was because of him. Harry ruined everything. He destroyed everything he touched.

He had the blade in his hand, all he had to do was press it to his skin, and drag it up, letting the blood trickle down his hand. But he knew if he did, the self-hatred would only grow. It would spread through his body, a fire he couldn't control once it got out of hand. He'd burn, until he was nothing but a pile of ashes. A pile of ashes for people to mourn and cry over, causing pain and sorrow. Harry had caused so much pain already, he'd ruined countless lives. 

Harry sat on the ground of the bathroom, the knife held in his right hand, while he thought. He sat there for five minutes, before he brought the blade up. Because if the wildfire did spread, who would be left to pick up the ashes?

*TW-Self harm*

----------------------------------

Ginny and Luna had been spending an immense more amount of time together than the years before. There was just something about Luna, something special. Ginny would spent nights thinking about Luna right before she went to bed, only to wake up and have the blonde be the first thing she thought of. 

Ginny truly did love Harry, she really did. But she knew it couldn't be romantic. Harry didn't make her feel the way Luna did. It had taken Ginny a few months to realize that what she felt for Luna was more than just a friendship. She didn't know if she was lesbian, or bisexual, maybe even pansexual. All she knew, was that it was Luna, and not Harry, that she loved.

So, this was what led Ginny to standing outside Harry's dorm room for fifteen minutes, before the Gryffindor mustered up enough courage to actually knock on the door, and even then it was small and weak. It wasn't that she was scared to break up with him, it was hurting him. Harry, who had become so fragile and broken.

Neville answered the door. "Is Harry here?" Neville looked back, before opening the door wider to let Ginny in. There was Harry, on his bed, staring off into nothing, his eyes glossy, though the water never left his eyes. "Harry?" Ginny whispered, her heart breaking a little. How could she do this to him, right now, when he's so vulnerable? But she had to, she couldn't keep lying to him, or herself. 

 Harry turned his head and made eye contact with the younger girl, forcing a small smile. "Neville, do you think I could talk to Harry alone for a bit?" Neville nodded, and grabbed his Herbology homework to do in the common room. Ginny sat down on the bed so she was facing Harry. 

"Harry, I love you. I always will, but I think-" 

"Ginny stop. I can't get back together with you." He took a deep breath, before continuing. "I think we should break up, like, officially this time. I'm no good for you, you'll end up dead. And besides, your like a sister to me." Ginny gave a small laugh, partially because she was so relieved.

"Harry, you didn't let me finish. Your like a brother to me, I love you like a brother. And besides, I kinda like someone else." Harry perked up.

"Really, who?" 

"Oh, um...Luna." Harry was quiet, too quiet. Maybe she shouldn't have told him. Maybe he wouldn't accept her. Oh gosh, she ruined everything. "Harry?"

When Harry remembered how to speak again, he asked, "How did you...know?"

"How did I know what?"

"How did you know that you liked Luna? How did you know that you liked girls?"

"I'm not sure really, why?"

"Nothing, just curious is all."

"Alright." Ginny got up to leave. When she was at the door, she turned around. "Love you, Harry."

Harry smiled. "Love you too, Gin."

--------------------------------------

Ginny was with Hermione in the Library. She had planned on telling Hermione about the breakup and coming out to her, but now she was having second thoughts. After a few minutes, she just kind of blurted it out. "Harry and I broke up." She said, a little to fast.

Though, Hermione seemed to understand it, because she put the book down, and said, "What, why?"

"Because I'm, well I don't know what I am actually, but I like Luna. So Harry and I had a mutual agreement to break up."

"Wait, you like Luna? Since when?"

"I don't know, I guess one day I just...knew."

"How...how did you know, exactly?" 

"Funny, Harry asked me the same thing. Anyway, I don't know how I knew."

"Wait, Harry asked you? Why?" Hermione knew why she had, but why had Harry?

"He was curious," Ginny shrugged. "How am I gonna tell Ron, Hermione?"

Hermione, who had other matters on her mind, didn't hear what Ginny had said. She was thinking, and thinking hard. Suddenly, it came to her. "I have to go," she said, before sprinting out of the library.

----------------------------------

A/N: Ok, so, Hermione thinks she knows something....but is she right? Guess we'll find out. Anyway, thanks for reading, and have a glamorous day!