Chapter 4: Birthdays

Harry opened his eyes to find himself surrounded by Hermione, Ron, Luna Lovegood, and...

 "NEVILLE! LUNA! AH, WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING HERE, I WAS SLEEPING!"

 " Happy birthday Harry!" Neville said, a huge smile across his face.

 "Birthday? What are you talking about? Its not my..." It was definitely his birthday. Harry had forgotten his own birthday. "Ok, it's my birthday. What are you and Luna doing here?"

 " Isn't it obvious Harry?" Luna asked. "We've come to surprise you!" 

 " Oh," he replied. "Well, you surprised me. Can I go back to sleep now?"

 " Harry, it's your birthday. You are not spending it in your bed sleeping all day." Hermione insisted. "Now get up, Mrs. Weasley's downstairs making breakfast for us all."

 Harry groaned, and sat up in his bed. The one time he can actually get a good night's sleep, and he's awoken by his friends because it's his birthday. What's the big deal with birthdays anyway? Why would you want to celebrate another year living in the guilt of all the horrible things you've done. Birthdays are absolutely depressing if you think about it. 'No, stop that,' he told himself. If celebrating his birthday will make his friends happy, then he should do it. Their happiness is more important than anything.

---------------------------

The day was happy and positively perfect for everyone. Well, everyone except Harry. He didn't know why, he just really wanted to be alone. No reason, he just felt like it. 

No one seemed to notice Harry's mood. He was getting exceptionally good at hiding how he was feeling. The only time he couldn't hide it was after one of those horrid nightmares. He shuddered just thinking about them. 

Harry received gifts, admired a lovely dinner, and an even better cake. Neville and Luna seemed to be enjoying themselves. Harry was glad. But when they finally left, Harry immediately relaxed. He was exhausted, and all he wanted to do was lie down. Not sleep though, just lie down.

------------------------------

Hermione was getting quite worried about Harry. He hardly ate or slept anymore, you could tell just by looking at him. He had heavy bags under his eyes, and he was getting quite skinny again. He always seemed so happy, and yet so empty. Hermione decided she was going to do something about it. She went up to Ron's room, knowing Harry would be awake. She knocked on the door twice, and opened it when she heard a voice say, "Come in."

"Harry, I have one more present for you."

"What is it?" 

"It's not really what. Well, it is, but...just...it's kinda a place. I'll take you there tomorrow, ok?"

"Ok..." he replied, getting more confused by the minute. 

"Ok, good night Harry. Happy Birthday." She smiled softly and left the room, closing the door behind her. 

------------------------------

A/N: Ok, so Harry is now 18...yay? Idk, I thought this would be a fun chapter to write, but I need Drarry and I need it SOON! But also, just a warning in advance, I'm terrible at writing fluff and smut and stuff so...sorry. Anyway, like always, have an extraordinary day!!! Love yall!