Chapter 2: Just a Break

It had been a week with the Weasley's, and a little over two months since the Battle of Hogwarts. Each day got worse for Harry. But, if it was this hard for him, he couldn't even begin to imagine what the Weasley's must be going through. So, naturally, he decided he was done with his stupid emotions. What good did they ever do anyone anyway? He was going to trap his own thoughts so deep inside himself, they wouldn't ever be able to get out. Wall after wall, built to protect him from himself. 

Harry also decided that he should be more concerned with everyone else. They were all worried about him, but he could see no reason why. He was fine. they needed help. They needed Harry to be the comforting friend they were used to. So he put on his old, happy, face, and he went down to breakfast.

 "Good morning everyone!" Harry exclaimed, a huge, bright smile plastered on his face. Everyone stopped eating and looked up at him for a few seconds, but they eventually went about their day, and continued to eat breakfast. Harry himself took a seat between Ron and Ginny. She held his hand under the table, rubbing circles with her thumb. For some reason, the touch made him feel...tense? He didn't know how to describe it.

Harry took a deep breath. What was happening? He loved Ginny, he knew that. It was just so different now.

 "Harry, are you ok?" Ron questioned with a mouth full of food.

 "I'm fine. Really I am. Just not very hungry. I think I'll be in the garden of anyone needs me." And with that, he got up, and walked outside. Then he just thought, about everything. He thought about the war, and his friends. He thought about treacle tarts, and his parents. Heck, he even thought about Malfoy.

Somewhere along the lines, Ginny came up. The only thing he could think was sister. Ginny was like a sister to him. He loved her, just not in that way. Didn't he? Everything was so confusing, he really had no idea what to do. 

Ginny walked into the garden, looking for her boyfriend. Despite what he had said, she really didn't think he was ok. She found the boy sitting down, picking at the grass. "Hey Harry." She sat down next to him. He looked up at her, and panicked. What was he going to do?

"Hey Gin. Whatcha doing?" 

"I wanted to make sure you were ok. You kinda left, in the middle of breakfast."

"Oh right. Just needed to clear my head, I guess." They didn't talk for a little while, before Harry said, "Ginny, so you love me?"

"Well, yes, of course I do."

"But how? Do you love me like a boyfriend, or like a brother?" Ginny had never really thought about it. She thought for a few moments.

"I'm not sure, really."

"Do you think, we could take a break, to figure ourselves out. Not breaking up officially, just a break."

 "Yeah. Yeah, that sounds okay." Harry let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Gin."

-------------------------------

Ron burst into the room. "YOU BROKE UP WITH MY SISTER!"

 Harry looked at him with confusion. "Uh, no. We're just taking a break to figure things out. What's it to you, anyway.

"I-" he paused, not really sure. "I don't know, I just care alright.

"I'm going to bed," he stated, and plopped onto his bed without another word, not even bothering to change. He didn't fall asleep though. He couldn't. He never wanted to sleep again.

----------------------------------

A/N: Yeah, ok, this chapter's short. But I wanted to do the breakup and I didn't really know what else to add soooo...yeah. Hope you liked it though. I didn't want Ginny to be all annoying and out of character, so I tried my best. Anyway, have a fantabulous day :)