X. Secrecy

secrecy (noun): the action of keeping something secret or the state of being kept secret

Noelle's POV

The mood in the room seemed to shift after our little talk, making speaking a lot more easy than it had been moments ago. The thick fog that polluted the air around the almost-kiss had now fully dissolved and I no longer find myself walking on egg shells as to bring it up or leave it behind. Many questions about the incident still litter my mind, but for the best decision and the more natural air in between us, I mentally decide to forget about it in general.

For now.

While debating my next words, I couldn't help but notice the delicious scent starting to flood into the living room from the kitchen. I had been highly skeptical of Harry's so-called cooking skills and now I can't say I am very doubtful, just surprised that someone of his type would be able to lay out a five star meal within a spans of forty minutes.

"How's it going in there?" I shout over the stereo, my feet kicked up on the armrest of his comfy couch.  I rest with my fingers interlocked behind my head, the sound of silverware and pots and pans clanking in the nearby room.

"I'm almost done,'' I hear Harry yell back shortly after, the sink turning on right when he finished speaking.

Staying silent, my eyes drift by the walls and the large window. The curtain remains open from my hands on it earlier and the stars in the sky shine brightly with the cool and crisp nighttime air. Not one second do I find myself tiring out from this long day, but growing more and more anxious for this dinner.

Part of me is completely weary of circumstances with Harry and the fact that if one hasn't already shown between us, it won't be long before one does. Not only is it risky for me to be staying here with him and by his side 24/7, but it is far too obvious to the people around us - like his co-workers.

Harry is one of the most attractive, humble, and mysterious men I've ever laid eyes on, and for me to sit here and say I am not in the least bit attracted to the genuine qualities he possesses, is bullshit. I know it is only a matter of time until lights fade out and shine just a tad bit brighter around him, which makes me extremely cautious to being near him so often. That is why I must stay focused and keep my sights set on not allowing anything between us for the better.

"Noelle,'' Harry walks around the couch, causing me to jump slightly in surprise. I didn't hear him approach through my loud thoughts and as he makes his way around my feet, his hand offers itself to help me up. "Dinner is served,'' he smirks.

I roll my eyes, grabbing his hand and using it to lift my own body to my feet. Our contact drifts for a moment too long and I wander behind him, making our way to the kitchen doors where the smell is extremely strong and deliciously over-bearing.

"Cover your eyes,'' Harry demands, turning around rather abruptly before I can enter the kitchen. The look of determination on his face is almost humorous as I give him my best dumb-founded look. "You heard me, cover them up." He shoos his hands.

With the shake of my head, I press my hands to my hips. "Why do I need to cover my eyes? I can already taste what we are eating."

Harry lets out an aggravated groan with my response, biting down on his lip slightly before crossing his arms. "You aren't entering the kitchen until you comply with the chef."

"Is that an order?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No, that's a fact." He quickly replies, my hands meeting my face as I scowl. Without seeing the annoyed expression on his face, the sound of the door opening echos through the empty apartment and a hand is gripped on my forearm, dragging me in.