XXIX. Detrimental Disturbances

detrimental disturbances(adjective/noun): tending to cause harm; the interruption of a settled and peaceful condition

Harry's POV

Subsequently, my plan seemed to play itself out perfectly. It wasn't as quickly thought out as Noelle probably thinks; I spent the whole night calling Nathan and setting up all the details and planning when she was at Estelle's. It was more spur of the moment trying to write that pissy poem.

I knew it would mean something to her and even though I'm far passed flawed in that department, I couldn't resist wanting to be able to admire her reaction first-hand. It turned out in the end, as she really loved it like I knew she would.

The whole point of this trip was to discover what we had for each other, and that being said, I am glad that I could show her what she means to me. The dark sky is gloomy and full of disarrayed looking clouds, but underneath its belly and above our heads are shining, little lights. They bring out the multiple shades of blue in Noelle's eyes, and as they sparkle, I sit back and take another sip from my champagne glass.

"Why'd you do all of this?" Noelle asks in bewilderment, tone sweet and loving. "It surely wasn't a spur of the moment 'wake up at three in the morning and be wonderful' thing,'' she adds, laughing at herself.

"I wanted to show you that I can be romantic,'' I jot my eyebrow teasingly. "No, but I wanted to just get away for a night and not stress about the department or my father or your kidnapper. I think this will benefit us both."

"Me too,'' she agrees. "When did you buy the ring?" Noelle looks down, bringing her finger up to sight as her hand wavers back and forth to showcase the rusty-looking gold. "Which is beautiful, by the way. It is so me."

"I'm glad you like it,'' I let out a nervous chuckle. Shopping for this ring wasn't planned on my agenda neither was it something that I had thought of at some remarkable point in time. While passing a showcase window I saw the set of vintage rings, and my feet just wouldn't let myself walk passed it.

 It screamed  Noelle.

"I'd got it a little while back,'' I vaguely answer, smirking over my glass rim. Getting it engraved was the difficult part. Noelle is so nosy, I'm surprised she hadn't caught me.

"You look lovely in the dress I picked out,'' I then add, meaningfully. The way her eyes and skin-tone reflect on the creamy white color makes for memories. I know one thing for sure, and that is that no matter what happens between us, I will always have this night to hold dearly.

"Thank you." El blushes lightly, bringing an almost empty glass to her lips as she jots her eyebrows. "You're looking very dapper yourself. It reminds me of one of the little helper guys in Beauty and the Beast. Ya'know, the candle guy?"

"I remind you of Victor?" I raise a hesitant brow, amused at her sudden comparison. "Never have I been told such an... interesting compliment." I try to hold back my amusement as she rolls her lips in, embarrassed.

I notice the redness of her lips, proudly hiding behind my smirk.

"I don't think his name is Victor,'' her cute, little nose bunches up, the shake of her head adding to her child-like embellishment. "I've always referred to him as The Candle Guy. Do you ever realize how different a childhood cartoon looks when you watch it while you're older?"

"And how you cringe at the quality?" I agree, nodding. "I guess as a child you don't really look for quality, more storyline and princible. That is one of the most amazing things about watching kids; they're so open minded and can't lie. They tell it to you straight."