XXXI - Mistaken Romance

Cassius broke off the kiss, but it wasn't for my surprise

Cassius broke off the kiss, but it wasn't for my surprise. Some of our tears did interfere with our kiss. I doubt that it was the reason he did it though.

''Sher, you know how strongly I feel for you. I don't want you to regret not speaking with Oliver again. I feel like I've messed up enough already.'' Cassius said. I looked down, understanding him.

''It's just that. What if he doesn't believe me?" I began doubting myself.

''He will listen to you, I just know it,'' Cassius said and took my hand again.

''But Cass, when I was with Leroy, who pretended to be Oliver, another Leroy walked by us...'' I said, remembering the evening.

''Maybe he ordered some friend to turn into him.'' Cass said, ''you know, to make sure he's not suspected at all.''

All of this new information was too much for me. It was past midnight and I was truly exhausted from the night. My emotions were a wreck and all I wanted to do was to let it all go.

We both decided to return to the Entrance hall and see how things had turned out. None of us wanted to miss out on anything.

''Hey, Cass, I was looking for you,'' Lucian said and saw me by his side. He glanced at both of us and our teary eyes. Not looking back at Cassius, I quickly skipped next to Carmen and grabbed her arm.

I didn't quite get to finish explaining everything when Fred and George swooped by my side.

''Sher! Just the girl we were looking for. Carmen, you wouldn't mind, would you?'' Fred said and took my arm. Without much resistance, I followed them both to the small broom cupboard while the whole crowd was still talking about their night. Nobody noticed us slipping in.

''We want to talk to you,'' George said and closed the door behind us. The cupboard was very tiny and I almost put a leg in an old bucket with a mop.

''No, you two, I need to talk,'' I replied. Fred and George both looked at each other immediately.

''Have you been crying?'' Fred asked seriously.

''No.'' I quickly replied, ''well yes,'' I said and continued telling them about Cassius and his views.

Fred and George actually listened, sometimes adding a few laughs and curse words I never spoke.

''Well, to put it simply. We knew.'' George said and I crossed my arms. I started to ask something but they both cut me off at the same time.

''Don't get mad. We didn't make this whole night just because it's Halloween. We wanted to make sure you understood what had happened'' Fred explained.

''And, with the help of Cass, you did,'' George added, ''so you are welcome,''

''You knew I would get picked out by Oliver?" I asked.