X - Old Times

Spending my time with Oliver, I completely forgot how late it must have been

Spending my time with Oliver, I completely forgot how late it must have been. I pulled away from the kiss, leaving Oliver with a bewildered look on his face.

''Is something wrong, Sher?'' he asked. I checked my watch to see almost 10:49 pm on it. I had completely lost track of time.

''Do you have something to do?'' he asked again and I shook my head.

''No, I just wanted to know how long we've been sitting here and I forgot how cold I was previously,'' I replied and giggled.

''Then if you have nothing else on your mind...'' Oliver said quietly and kissed me again. Can't say that I didn't want that to happen as I immediately kissed him back.

We sat in the boathouse for what seemed like an hour, sometimes kissing but sometimes just talking.

''Sher, have you thought what our Hogwarts lives would have been like if we hadn't met each other on the train?'' Oliver asked and looked at me. His previously wet hair was not almost dry.

''I would be lying if I said I hadn't,'' I replied, smiling. I had thought about it many times because I could still remember the day we were sorted into different houses.

September 1st, 1987

Oliver and I were chatting about almost everything while riding on the train.

''Have you ever been outside the country?'' I asked him.

''No, my family usually spends the holidays at home,'' Oliver replied. ''What about you?''

''Many times... traveling is something very special to me. I may be young but I can definitely appreciate different cultures, foods, and all sorts of things. I love to explore things!'' I replied, excitingly.

''I bet we'll be able to discover many interesting things at Hogwarts! My father said there are lots of secrets places, hidden classrooms, and passageways.'' Oliver replied with hopeful eyes. I nodded and agreed.

''Can you imagine both sneaking around the castle at night, trying not to get caught by the teachers!'' I asked, clapping my hands together.

''You sure sound like a troublemaker, Sherlyn!'' Oliver said and we both laughed.

''No, no. I just like to be mischievous.'' I replied and smirked. ''And please... just call me Sher.''

''All right... Well, I sure hope that we'll do that! I have a feeling it's going to be amazing spending my time with you.'' Oliver agreed as we got even closer to Hogwarts.

In the time of the sorting, both of us were as nervous as could be. When my name got called, I felt a rush of happiness fly through me and I walked towards the Sorting hat. I sat in complete silence and after about a minute, the Sorting hat had finally figured me out.

''SLYTHERIN!!'' it shouted and the whole hall clapped, including Oliver. I saw him smile proudly, so I didn't care at that moment. All things turned south when he was sorted into Gryffindor. We thought our friendship would end, because of the usual Slytherin - Gryffindor stereotype but it made it even stronger.

During our first years, we spent a lot of time actively searching secret doorways, figuring out portrait passwords, sneaking around the prefects. I never had a special emotional connection with him, I always saw him as a close friend.

September 2nd, 1993

Trying to remember all our wonderful memories, we spent even more time sitting in the boathouse. I didn't check my time each minute and surely didn't hesitate to kiss Oliver back once in a while. Things just felt right.

''Should we be heading back? I feel quite responsible for your sleep.'' Oliver said and took my hand.

''Oh, believe me, my sleep cycle is going to be pretty messed up as soon as our real lessons start,'' I replied but agreed to go back to the castle. Oliver took my hand and we finally left the boathouse.

Hi, reader! Thank you for making it to ten chapters already! COPPER BOOM