IX - A Kiss in the Boathouse

Quickly running into the Girls' dormitory, past the many students eyeing us in the Common room, we both shared an amazing excitement rushing through us both

''Is it a date yet?'' Elsie asked as I quickly took off my robes. I still had fifteen minutes to get ready and get back to Oliver.

''Hmm, I don't think so.'' I quickly replied, opening my trunk of clothes. I picked out a pair of light high-waisted jeans, a black t-shirt, and a red jacket.

''That doesn't matter!'' Elsie said, sitting on her bed. The smile of her face was full of brightness. ''All that matters is that you two are finally going to have a private time together.''

''Let's hope it really will be private,'' I added, putting on my clothes. I turned to my mirror and looked at my hair. It was still wavy even after the long day.

''Well, I'm going to beat up Flint if he decides to sabotage this again,'' Elsie said and I turned to see her serious face. We then both shared a good laugh. I turned to my mirror again to fix my hair.

''I don't care who interrupts us, but I'm having that kiss tonight,'' I said in a sassy tone while pinning a strand of my hair back.

''Yeah, that looks good!'' Elsie said and stood up to look at me. ''Certainly. And if he doesn't make the move, don't hesitate to do yours,'' she added.

We both shared a couple of laughs while still trying to fix my look. The long day hadn't been easy on me. I looked quite tired, but we were sure Oliver wouldn't even notice that.

''By the way, is Flint in the Common room?'' I asked. ''It would be a bad situation if he saw me leaving for my date.''

''Sher, the whole school knows you're two going out anyways. He probably knows about it too.'' Elsie replied, rolling her eyes.

''Please check...'' I asked her and Elsie opened the door. She peaked out and quickly came back in.

''He's there... sitting with Miles,'' Elsie said. Miles Bletchley was the keeper of our Quidditch team, he was a very good friends with Marcus and had a certain hatred for me.

''I'm just going to have passed them quickly,'' I said and looked at my watch. I had four minutes to get to Oliver.

I opened the door that leads to the Common room. The cozy room was full of older students, most of them minding their own business. I glanced back at Elsie, who stayed back. I looked at Marcus and Miles, but they were both busy with something else to notice me leaving.

I reached the Great Hall in time, but Oliver was already standing in his regular uniform, waiting for me.

''Nice to see you again!'' he said and smiled.

''Where do you want to go?'' I asked as we stood at the Entrance hall.

''Let's just take a walk outside?'' Oliver asked and I nodded. We opened the entrance door, leading to the courtyard and walked outside.

The sky had already gone dark, there were many dark clouds among us so the stars weren't very visible.

''Sher, I'm really glad to see you again. And not just today. I'm sorry how ignorant I was over the summer. I wanted to ask you out a really long time ago, but I never got the nerve.'' Oliver explained.

''That's sort of funny, coming from a Gryffindor,'' I replied and he laughed.

''I know... everyone just sees me as this outgoing, bossy Quidditch player, but I'm not just that.'' Oliver said.

''Well not everyone thinks like that,'' I said and looked him in the eyes, as we walked by the lake. ''I know you're really caring, charming and can be really nervous. It's just that you decide to show the outgoing part of yourself.'' I said. To my biggest surprise, he took my hand.

''You really understand me, Sher... I've known that for years and it's so silly how I never could tell you that,'' Oliver said but suddenly stopped walking.

''What's wrong?'' I asked. I thought he was trying to kiss me, but for my luck, it started raining.

We ran to the nearest safe place, which was the Boathouse. Of course, both of us had gotten very wet and it started to get cold. I'm glad I had brought my jacket because I wouldn't want Oliver to sacrifice his jumper.

''So much for that wavy hair of yours,'' Oliver said and put his hands through my hair.

''You noticed that?'' I asked with a confused smile on my face.

''I always notice the little things. That is what makes you... so beautiful,'' he replied, staring into my eyes. I felt hotness coming over me, even though my body was as cold as ice. He leaned in and I closed my eyes. I let him kiss me very softly.

I didn't care about the rain or the loud storm at that moment, because the only thing that mattered was our passion, expressed in a loving kiss. One of my hands laid in his warm one, but the other one was wrapped around his neck.