XVI - Midnight Sorting

Naturally, Carmen and I discussed our plan in the dormitory, while other girls were figuring out what to wear

''Oh no, Michelle, you can't wear a short skirt, you don't know what you'll need to...'' Nora said as Michelle picked out a dark green skirt.

''But it's really pretty, come on.'' she replied and waved them in Nora's face. ''and if some guy thinks that I look too cold, he might give me his jacket or something,'' Michelle explained and Carmen and I smirked at each other, remembering the boy from the evening. I didn't quite remember his name but he seemed pretty decent.

The twenty minutes passed pretty fast as Carmen and I went over some small details to remember.

''Even if Oliver is going to be there, act completely natural, Sher. I hope that whatever we will be doing, you'll be with Cassius. Seems like you two get along quite well again...'' Carmen said and I smiled.

''Maybe we do, but I just hope that Oliver realizes what he has done.'' I sighed and replied.

''Then you'll take him back?" she asked as we left the common room and a bunch of people followed us. Seemed like about a dozen students were following us. I glanced back at them and counted eleven of us. I turned my head back to Carmen and lowered my voice.

''Not for now, he is going to have to earn my respect back, but maybe after a while. I've known him for too long to let him go so easily.'' I replied but though about Cassius. He was walking right behind me.

October 31st, 1993 ; 9:54 pm

Entrance Hall

Just like usual, the whole Slytherin group was just in time. All of us were just in time to see every other person join our small adventure. Soon I realized that this wasn't going to really be a tiny adventure anymore. Coming from the Kitchens, came fourteen Hufflepuffs. Then nine Ravenclaw students shyly joined us.

Finally, sixteen other people came down the Grand staircase and I bopped my head to see if Oliver was coming too. He definitely was and I could hear his voice from below. It didn't seem like he was sad about us at all as he walked down the stairs, laughing with Leroy Moss.

 It  didn't seem like he was sad about us at all as he walked down the  stairs, laughing with Leroy Moss