XIX - Planning the Unplanned

Knowing quite a lot about dressing up for special events like  Halloween, I instantly knew the whole concept of my costume

Knowing quite a lot about dressing up for special events like Halloween, I instantly knew the whole concept of my costume. Now all I had to do was to figure out if I wanted to wear a dress or pants. Elsie voted, just like some other girls, that I should go for the dress.

''Wear a dress, Sher, you never do...'' a girl said and I smiled, taking the compliment.

''But what about later at night? Won't I get cold?" I asked.

''Oh, don't bother. I'm sure Oliver will be your hero and give you his jacket or something.'' Nora replied and I smirked but remembered something.

''We actually don't know in what groups we'll be going. I don't think Fred or George know themselves yet.'' I said, still thinking about a comfortable pair of pants.

''I think we should get more Slytherins to join. We can't miss that much fun!'' Nora said. She was one of the brave, funny girls, rather not caring much about boys and how neat her clothes looked but loved watching our Quidditch games and playing gobstones.

Nora, Elsie, and I agreed to both get at least one person to join the adventure which all three of us were waiting very excitedly for. Halloween was only four days away which meant we didn't have loads of time to do that. Nora hadn't even figured out what she wanted to dress up as.

Needless to say, the next morning I was up and ready to take on another day when I remembered something I had completely forgotten due to all the Halloween rush.

''Elsie, oh no!'' I said, packing my school bag for the day and brushing my hair at the same time. ''I forgot that I have a date with Oliver today at four!''

''Haha, I think the spooky atmosphere got really into you, Sher. You don't plan on cancelling it though?'' she asked, buttoning her shirt up.

''Of course not! I'm just going to have to scrape a little bit more time. I didn't think of what clothes to wear.'' I said, closing my bag and waiting for Elsie.

''I know for a fact Oliver would rather see you without clothes-'' El began but I sighed very loudly, cutting her off. ''all right, all right. I won't say anything.''

Waiting for Elsie to quickly brush her teeth and put on lip balm, I planned the date outfit in my head. On our way to class, we met Lucian who immediately started walking next to El and obviously kissed as well. Then, only a few seconds later, a familiar voice called my name. I turned around to see my boyfriend - Oliver.

''Morning, beautiful!'' he said, kissing me on the forehead.