Chapter 8

Hannah is just discussing her outfit for tonight's party with Jessica, when Zach comes up to them, a guilty look on his face. At first they don't even notice, and they seem to be so excited about the party, that he doesn't want to interrupt. But he knows he will have to tell them what has just happened, so he clears his throat, the girls finally looking up at him.

"We were just... wait, what's wrong?" Hannah asks. "You're still coming tonight, aren't you?"

"Yeah, but me and Justin were talking about your party, and Bryce overheard us, so..."

"Please tell me they're not coming."

"We told them not to. But you know what they're like."

"I don't want those assholes to be there. I never liked them, and I thought that now you finally managed to separate yourself from them, I wouldn't have to put up with them again."

"Yeah, or you know, it'd be really fucked up for Alex and Clay if those guys are there, seeing as they are the ones who got bullied by them." Jessica rolls her eyes.

"Excuse me? Didn't you invite them to your party too?"

"It was your boyfriend who invited them, Hannah," Jessica snaps, Hannah all ready to defend herself and fight her best friend on this.

"Look, if they show up, me and Justin will take care of it, okay? But I just wanted to give you a heads up," Zach quickly says, the girls still glaring at each other. "We'll make sure they won't cause any trouble."

"Maybe you shouldn't have told them about it in the first place, huh?" Hannah snaps, but Zach just sighs, not willing to argue with her.

"I just wanted to warn you, but I have to get to class now. So I'll see you later," he says, before walking off.

"What the fuck is going on with you?" Jessica asks. "I know this isn't just about them accidentally telling those guys, because you know they didn't mean to."

"It's Bryce," Hannah admits. "He found out me and Zach broke up, so he's been texting me."

"For real? What did you tell him?"

"I told him to fuck off," Hannah says, as she gets her phone out of her pocket. "So he sent me this."

"Oh, shit," Jessica laughs, when she looks down at the photo of Bryce, half-naked, dick in hand. "Did you tell someone about this?"

"Just you."

"You should tell a teacher. This is seriously fucked up."

"I've just been trying to avoid him, but I can't do that if he shows up at my house, can I?" Hannah sighs. "I don't want this, Jess. I hate the guy."

"I really think you should tell someone," Jessica says, a worried look on her face, but Hannah tries to shrug it off, as she forces a smile onto her face. "Hannah..."

"I'm sure he'll get the hint if I don't respond to it."

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then I'll send Zach after him to kick his ass?" Hannah laughs, trying to hide how much his texts and the photo are bothering her. "It'll be fine, Jess."

--

"Wow, Jensen, look at you," Justin laughs, when Clay pours himself a drink, before hesitantly taking a sip. "I didn't realize I was going out with a bad boy!"

"Fuck off, Justin!"

"He always takes the bait, doesn't he?" Hannah laughs, the grin on Justin's face only growing bigger as they both watch Clay take another careful sip. "God, he's adorable."