15

Mina's POV
A couple of days have passed after the whole issue with Boyd and Cora and to say the least I think I might be going crazy. Cassie and I have been avoiding Scott and Issac, I mean after we woke them from the siren song by using the sound of a special shell. They have been trying to talk to us but its just awkward. And Issac isn't the only one I've been avoiding. Ethan and Aiden are on that list as well, but they have had more success talking to me and to say the least, I dont know if I can trust them.

It's now Monday and I have a trip with the lacrosse and track team to go on. I knew that Cass was going to follow along with Lydia and Allison in a separate vehicle because I could only convince coach to let me onto the bus. Plus Cass really didn't want to be on the bus for some reason.

I winced in pain as I reached for my water bottle on the top shelf. My side and ankle are still bleeding from last night's events at the abandoned bank. The sad memory of Derek falling to his death passing through my mind as I stuff the bottle into my bag. We lost him while fighting the Alpha pack and I hate to say that it wasn't a very successful fight.

I quickly leave, Stiles and Scott are picking me up, so I don't have to walk. My body isn't exactly in good shape to walk either. You know, I'm just over here bleeding and sadly water wasn't speeding up my healing this time.
Cassie left a while ago for whatever reason, but I know she isn't in such good shape either. There's a huge bruise on her neck and I feel bad that I couldn't help her out of that. Her and I weren't even supposed to be fighting in the first place, they said we should stay out of it because it's not safe, but of course we ignored them and still left. Surprise, surprise, Allison did the same exact thing. Us, girls don't listen very well.

"Stiles, you better get me coffee or I might punch the coach in the face," I say all too seriously. The boys chuckle, but Scott looked like he is in as much pain as I am when he did.

"You got it mermaid girl," he responds with a thumbs up. "Your lucky we got up extra early for you."

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Once I got my coffee, I was ready to face the bus ride with Coach. I knew that he was going to be a lot to handle before we got on the bus. Luckily we got there early enough to get a seat in the back.

We left and I sat back with my earphones in listening to a whole bunch of random music that I had come across during my time on land. I started off with a song called, Replay, by Iyaz. I quietly sung along to that song and others for a couple of hours until, I needed a brake from it. Coach was seriously annoying though, continuously blowing his whistle at people who occasionally asked him a question. And to make matters worse, we are stuck in traffic on the highway.

I look back at the boys, seeing Scott leaning against the bus wall and Stiles sitting there wide awake, giving his best friend worried glances. Outside behind the bus I noticed Allison getting way too close for comfort. I'm not worried about the bus, but my best friend is in that car and I was slightly worried for her safety with Allison driving like that.

"Hey, Scott you okay?" I ask, worried about him. His super healing doesn't seem to be working.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," he says, not even trying to sound convincing. Stiles and I give each other a look, clearly on the same page that we don't believe him.

"Clearly you aren't fine. Would you just let me see it?" Stiles ask annoyed that he wasn't being honest or taking care of himself. Scott tried to refuse but we both gave him stern looks as if we are his parents. Scott sighs before moving to lift up his shirt, and a bandage which is covered in blood. My eyes widen at the large gashes, they weren't even close to being fully healed.

"Oh, dude," Stiles mutters at the sight before looking away.

"That doesn't look good, Scott," I speak softly.

"I know it looks bad. It's cause it's from an Alpha. It'll take longer to heal." I sigh as Scott looks completely out of it and leans against the side of the bus again. Both Stiles and I share worried looks.

"Then how come, Boyd and Isaac are fine," Stiles retorts, annoyed his best friend isn't taking his health seriously.

"I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Dereks' dead," Scott says sadly, clearly reliving what happened that night.

"How bout you Mina. Are you ok?" Stiles wonders looking at me with the same amount of worry he is giving Scott, if not less. I glance at Boyd and Isaac, to see if they were listening and I could tell that they were. Their heads tilted to the side. Ethan is even listening and I knew that he was going to tell Aiden, but I honestly think that he no longer cared with all that's happened.

I turn back to Stiles and shrug. "I'm trying to ignore the pain if I'm being honest, but I'm not doing any better than Scott is," I respond.

He nods and then quickly moves to sit by me, much to my surprise. "Can I see how bad yours is? I mean if your fine with that," he asks knowing that I have to lift up my shirt.

I smile a little before unzipping my warm jacket revealing my white shirt and once I lift that, also the claw marks that run along the right side of my stomach almost reaching my belly button. Mine are a little more open than Scott's are and are still bleeding unlike Scott's. Mermaids don't really heal like were wolves, we need the ocean to heal properly, and Cass and I don't have any of that nearby so mine aren't really healed at all. Luckily Cass is only bruised and nothing worse. I should've patched them up before I left.

The sight reminding me of the pain that I chose to ignore. I wince as a wave goes through it due to my movement. Stiles let's out a small breath of air and looks at it with wide eyes and then back up at me with a stern face of worry.

Scott notices his reaction and moves so he can see it as well. He looks at me in worry and I sigh, not really knowing what to say.

"Why didn't you tell us it was this bad," Stiles asks as he starts to look through someone elses bag for something. I don't bother to question it though.

"You guys have enough to worry about," is all I say, staring at my wound as I try to stop the bleeding with the sleeve of my hoodie. I wince as it brushes against the wound, it blaring red with heat. They both give me disapproving stares that I try to ignore. I've been trying to stop the bleeding this whole bus ride but it just keeps dripping blood.

Stiles pulls out a bottle of alcohol and a white bandage and then drops the bag on the floor. He goes to pour the alcohol, but I immediately stop him with my hand. "Stiles, no. She might become a mermaid, remember," Scott whispers quietly and gives him a look. Stiles then nods remembering, but that doesn't stop him from applying the bandage. I wince as he presses the taped edges down and he mumbles sorry before pulling away. I smile great fully and he returns it and moves back besides Scott.

My phone buzzes several times.
Isaac-
Come over here
Are u ok?
I heard everything
You better get your mermaid ass over here

I look up at Isaac typing aggressively and smile at how worried he is, but that drops when I remember that I'm supposed to be avoiding him due to the affects of the siren song. We took the spell off of him. I don't know why he still cares. We haven't spent much time together and barely know one another, but I can't deny that I also care for him for some unknown reason.

Waiting for Coach to get distracted took too long so I used my powers to make a lacross jersey fly against his face. He grunts in surprise, freaking out as he can't get it off of his face, myself holding it there with my powers. A couple players laugh at the coach. Then I get up and dart up a couple seats until I'm sitting in front of the other two boys. Unfortunately, this action causes the pain in my ankle to flare up along with my side once again. I wince as I plop onto the seat, moving closer to the window.

Boyd and Isaac chuckle a little at the coach. The man finally ripping the clothing off and throwing it at some poor kid. He looks pissed, but instead of taking it out on everyone like he usually does he ends up sitting down, clearly needing a break from his tormenting.