2

Mina's POV
Cass and I are at our house because we didn't think it was a good idea to stay at the camp site, after the two guys saw the both of us. What a great way to end the Summer.

At the moment, Cassie is pacing the room, nervously; while I just sat on my bed staring at the ground. Things literally couldn't get any worse. Problems just keep popping up. We came here to get away from our problems back in Australia, but no.

"What do we do," Cassie asks, landing on the carpeted floor dramatically.

"I don't know!" There is absolutely nothing I could think of. We have never really been in a situation like this before. Land people aren't supposed to know of our secret, it's the number one rule of being a mermaid. If we weren't already cast out of our pod, then we sure as hell would be now.

"Maybe, they didn't even see anything. I mean our tails were underwater," Cass suggests. Except for when we swam away..

"Ya, ya, I'm sure they didn't see anything," I respond, trying to reassure her and myself.

"We should go to bed, Cass. We can figure this all out in the morning."

We exit the bedroom and go downstairs to the main floor. Then we turn to the right hall and go down the stairs once again, to the basement. Then we walk to the far wall and open up a secret door by pulling a book on the book case. The wall opens up and we enter into the secret cave, which is where our very own moon pool is. Above the moon pool the cave opens up to let in the moon light.

The moon pool is where we sleep. It's also a supernatural pool where the magical properties lie to create a mermaid. Moon pools have many unknown powers though. Cass and I were naturally born mermaids and there are rarely any mermaids that were created by a moon pool.

Cass and I dive in and transform back into our natural mermaid form. Eventually we fall asleep to the sound of the moving water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 days after
"Mina," I hear. I don't acknowledge the sound and curl into my tail to continue sleeping. "Mina! Wake up!" I jump a little when a hand touches my shoulder and open my eyes to see Cass in front of me looking annoyed. "Come on we have to get ready for school." Cass climbs out of the water and heats up her tail with her powers to transform into a human. I groan and follow her lead.

We run up the stairs and separate to go into our own rooms. A sigh escapes my pink lips as I slowly pick out a white tank top and a ripped up pair of light jeans. Luckily I don't need makeup because mermaids are born to be almost perfectly beautiful for both good and bad reasons. A long time ago mermaids used to louywer sailors to their deaths with their beauty and a simple siren. The siren songs are now forbidden to us though.

It's now an hour later and we are at Beacon Coffee And Tea, craving coffee because we were up all weekend worrying about the whole land people situation

It's now an hour later and we are at Beacon Coffee And Tea, craving coffee because we were up all weekend worrying about the whole land people situation. It's Monday and we are extremely grumpy. I am waiting off to the side for our coffee, while Cass is at the table falling asleep.