7

Scott's POV

Stiles and the girls all went home after we met with the two new girls. I went to the school so I could pick up my lacrosse stuff. When I got there I could smell blood, so I sprinted into the locker room and saw Mina on her knees leaning over another girl that was bleeding out. I came by Mina's side as she was using her magic on the girl, but she didn't seem to notice me because her eyes are closed.

"Mina?" I say trying to get her attention to find out what happened but she still doesn't acknowledge me. My eyes widen when I see her wound slowly start to heal beneath the clear glowing water. The power must be taking too much out on Mina because her hand start to shake and her nose starts to bleed.

"Mina," I repeat in an attempt to get her to stop, but she doesn't listen. So I quickly text Stiles to come to the school to help me out. The wounds are now just large scratches rather than her neck being completely torn to shreds and Mina's power seems to be fizzling out as the water's glow fades and the perfect bubble starts to disperse. I grab her small shoulders and shake her out of it, afraid she might kill herself. Her eyes burst open and her power completely stops causing the water and blood to drop on the tiled floor.

"Scott?" Mina uttered in a small tired voice.

"Ya, ya, it's me. Are you okay?" I ask, still gripping her shoulders. She smiles and nods.

"Call the hospital. She needs to go to the hospital." I nod, but as I dial the number she faints and falls limp against the lockers. After I call for the cops, I quickly pick up Mina and leave the school not noticing a certain twin alpha watching them leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stiles gently puts Mina on the metal table. We are at my work, the animal hospital, which is where we go when pretty much any us who are supernatural get hurt. Stiles arrived at the school after I called the cops to pick up the woman, who Mina healed.

"What happened?" Deaton asks, while inspecting Mina.

"She used too much of her power, I guess. I don't know. It looked like she was healing that woman, which is crazy because the woman was barely even alive when I got there. But she did, but it did something to her," I explain.

"What? She healed her? I thought they could only do weird water magic," Stiles asks, looking at the unconscious mermaid suspiciously. I just shrug, not knowing how to explain it. "Ok. Whatever. You should probably call her friend or sister or whatever they are."

A couple minutes later, Cassie comes in and yells for us at the gate.

"Uh, guys! I can't come in for some reason," Cassie yells. I go out of the back room and open it for her.

"It's made of mountain ash, so no supernatural creature can come in without someone opening the gate." She nods in understanding and rushes past me to Mina.

"What happened to her," she questions picking up her friend or sister's hand. I explain what I saw and when I'm done, she looks kind of mad.

"Why do you look like that," Stiles says. She has her head in her hands as she leans against the table.

"That magic is too strong for her. She shouldn't have done it alone. She could've died," she explains softly, not looking up. I could feel waves of sadness coming from her. "I should've went with her. Been there to help her."

I can't help but feel for her. So I walked over and hugged her for a minute. The waves of sadness slowly start to dull causing me to be calm again. "She'll be ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cassie's POV

Mina has been out all weekend. Dr. Deaton has been trying to find something to help her, but we haven't been very lucky. We've gone through many old books and searched the web, but there isn't anything relevant to our situation. I have thought about calling an old mermaid friend or going back to see my pod, but I don't think they would be very happy to see me after all the trouble that we've caused. Much less be willing to help us when we live on land now. Another broken rule to add to the list.

Even Scott and his pack offered to help, but I told them that it's fine because there really isn't much that they could do for her at the moment. Another thing that happened is Scott introducing me to another pack member named Isaac Lahey After the first meeting, Isaac has been overly nice these past few days. Coming in to visit and randomly surprising me with food. I haven't left Mina's side since she went into a coma. I had to bring her home because the vet, Dr. Deaton, had real customers to attend to.

A loud knock resonates throughout the house snapping me out my reverie. I groan and get up from my seat on the couch. "Coming," I yell as the knocking continues.

I open the door only to see Lydia and Allison. Weird. It's way too early for visitors. "Why aren't you ready?" Lydia questions, strutting right in. Come right in, won't you. After Allison is inside, I slowly push my door closed.

My eyebrows narrow together as I give them a blank face. What in the world is she talking about?

Allison giggles at my confused face and says, "You didn't forget about school did you?" Lydia scoffs when my eyes widen in realization.

"Oh my god. You did."

"Ok. Maybe I did, but I can't leave Mina here alone."

"Mina will be alright, Cassie. She'll be in her room waiting for you when you come back, but you my friend need to get your ass out of this house. Now go shower. I'm picking out your outfit." Lydia pushes me up the stairs after her speech leaving no room for discussion.

An hour later we are at the school in an empty classroom in front of a slightly older guy and Scott and Stiles

An hour later we are at the school in an empty classroom in front of a slightly older guy and Scott and Stiles. Allison told me about the weird things that have been happening around here lately, which led to her showing me her oldly shaped bruise that matches exactly with Lydias'.