12

Mina's POV
My limbs felt heavy, but I was slowly able to feel a tingling sensation run through my body. The kind you feel when you move the leg that fell asleep. It isn't pleasant. I felt the cold, freezing cement underneath my legs and the peeling paint on the thick pole that my back is slouched against. My hands are tied together around it. My eyes slowly opened to a dark and musty room. The place lit only by the sunlight coming through a glass window behind me, but it was still dark. The dust in the air told me that the place is abandoned and the small layout looks like it used to be an office.

Where the hell am I? The last thing I remember is being at the school in the locker room. I saved that woman from bleeding out. After that I'm pretty positive that I blacked out.

Multiple footsteps and a tapping sound reaches my ears. It slowly get louder and my stomach twists as they get closer. There's no chance I can defend myself either. I'm still drained from using my powers to save that girl. There's not even any water around and my hands are tied so I can't turn invisible either. I feel like a flopping fish on dry land.

The tapping finally hits the door and a second later the door is opened and 4 people enter. Only one of them looks familiar though. Ethan. At this point I'm more confused than scared.

The rest consisted of two men and a bitchy looking woman. One guy looked a bit older, maybe in his forties and he seemed to be blind judging by the black stick he held and he had on glasses with dark lenses. The other dude is all bare and muscles. Ethan just looks at me as if he doesn't know me. Dangerous vibes radiating off them.

I stay silent as the blind stranger comes forward. The other three stay by the door giving me menacing looks. I want to know what they want before I say anything.

"I know you are not human, but you are clearly not a werewolf, banshee, or anything that I have heard of..." he pauses while assessing me as if he really can see and actually see into my soul. "So I will ask you this once. What are you?"

When I don't say anything the bitchy woman stalks forward and bares her sharp fangs and crimson colored eyes. I gasp when she sticks her claws into my thigh. "Answer him."

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," I whimper, a single tear falls from my eye. He sighs deeply. Bitch numero uno sticks her other set of claws into my other thigh. "Fuck, fuck. Ok, bitch. Get your fucking claws off of me!" She smirks but takes out her claws and backs away. "I'm a fucking mermaid ok!" They all look at me in disbelief and the red eyed bitch takes a step forward again causing me to back up closer to the pole I'm tied to. "If you don't believe me, then send one of your monkeys to get water."

As the bitch tries to attack me again, blind dude stops her by putting out his hand. "Kali be a dear and go fetch some water," he says in a monotone voice. She growls before obeying her master.

We wait in awkward silence for what felt like 20 minutes. I watch the blood pool onto my light colored jeans and drip onto the dirty cement. When I look at Ethan he stands there stone faced, but glances at his phone every few seconds. Kali comes back only 5 minutes later with bottled water and she hands it to the blind one.

"Alright, here's the water. What do I do with it?"

"Pour it on me," I awkwardly respond. He hesitates before unscrewing the lid and then pouring it onto my dark hair. I shiver as my body flashes transparent and then my tail flops out, hitting the ground with a loud slap. My hair returns sopping wet and wavy. My wounds slowly start to heal because of the magic of my mermaid form and the exposure of water. Not only that but a refreshing rush of power refuels me.

"Holy shit," Ethan spits out looking at me with wide eyes along with the other two.

"Kali?"

"Um, she has a tail. Like an orange fish tail. And a scaly bra thing," Kali explains looking at me wide eyed.

"Do you mind," the blind man ask holding his hand out above my tail as he kneels beside me. He clearly needs to touch it because he can't see my natural form.

"No?" I respond awkwardly. He puts his hand down in the center of my tail and slowly runs his fingers up and down. I squirm at his very unwanted and uncomfortable touch. He hums in interest before pulling back.

"And I assume that the mermaid part of you is somehow connected to this ring," he says pulling out my moon ring. My mouth drops in shock and I secretly attempt to get out of my restraints. Those rings are too powerful to be in his posession. Only mermaids can have one.

Luckily some water fell onto the rope that kept my wrist bonded. I twist my wrist in a weird position to face the ropes and start to burn the rope and boil the water. I bite my lip in pain as the rope starts to burn my skin. "If you mean that I found it in the ocean than yes," I say trying not to lie knowing he could hear my heartbeat. I watch as he turns his head as if he heard something and then they all leave without another word.

Cassie's POV
After the ambulance took Zach away, Lydia and Allison still forced me to go to school. Mimi and Ondina were fine but I told them to rest at my house and regain their energy because I am going to find Mina no matter what happens.

Allison told me about her plan to check out some kind of abandoned bank after school because that's where she thinks Boyd and Erica were taken to.

So that's how I ended up going to said abandoned bank with Allison. Allison takes out some bolt cutters from her trunk and then we quietly cut the chains on the front door and enter the eerie room.