Official

We don’t do anything but talk, but we do a lot of it. We talk all night long, until we finally agree that we need sleep. Then we talk some more.

I must fall asleep at some point because when I wake up I’m alone in a very warm bed, two blankets on me and the blinds drawn. I go to check the time on my phone and find that it’s dead. Then I remember that I am supposed to go shopping with Kailey at some point today.

“Shit,” I mutter, getting up out of bed to find a charger. I throw a look at the clock as I pass by it and flinch. It’s a little after noon. I’m surprised Kailey’s not beating down Patrick’s door by now, yelling at me to get up.

I hear a phone ring from the other room and head out curiously.

“Hey,” I hear someone say from the living room. I walk out to see Patrick standing with his back to me. “No I just got out of the shower.

“Not your business.

“Stop screaming at me! Tell her it was a joke, yes of course alone.

“She’s sleeping. We talked all night I didn’t want to wake her up yet.

“Like I said, she’s sleeping. She wouldn’t have heard her phone.

“Well tell her that she’s going to need her energy for the party tonight so I’m not waking her up.

“If she just woke up a half hour ago why is she being pissy about Jen still sleeping?”

“She’s not mad I was asleep, she’s mad I didn’t call her and tell her everything that happened the second I woke up,” I giggle when Patrick turns around guiltily, obviously thinking he woke me up. “But it was a little bit difficult since my phone is dead. Do you happen to have a charger?”

He nods. “Yeah Tazer I’ve gotta go,” he flinches. “Um, just one second,” he hands the phone over to me. “Kailey wants to talk to you.”

I laugh at his fearful expression and take the phone from him. “Hi Kay.”

“Jonathan’s phone is dying so I’m going to make this quick,” she hurries to tell me. “I’ll be at Kane’s place in twenty minutes, I’m already on the way. Be ready to shop because the boyfriends are tagging along to pay, so we’re going to have a little bit of fun with that. Jonny already made me promise that we wouldn’t do thrift shops. I told him I wouldn’t be shopping anywhere I normally don’t. Amazingly we didn’t fight about it.”

“I know how to be reasonable you know,” I hear Tazer say in the background.

“Yeah babe you do,” she tells him before returning to our conversation. “Anyway like I said the boyfriends are tagging along so we might have to hit an extra store or two.”

I bark out a laugh at her words. Poor Jonathan. He probably think she’s finally letting up about the idea of him spending money her. Little does he know what she actually has planned.