Chapter Three

xx Chapter Three ~ Strikes in My Life xx

I was laying under a grand tree, my hair tangled with the wind and the sun was shinning luminously down at the small hill. There was a small pond in front of me and there were swans and ducks gliding through the water, making long, sooth ripples. The birds were chirping and the grass was soft and comfortable. The air was warm, not too hot and not too cold, just like when springs were turning to summers. The arms of the trees spread spaciously, creating a cool shadow around me, protecting me from the sun. I didn't know why I was there or how I got there but everything was so peaceful and perfect that I didn't even want to wonder why. There wasn't a tiny bit of stress, fatigue, or tenseness; the air was so alive and comforting. I inhaled the fresh scent of lavender. Oh how perfect everything was. I wanted to stay there forever.

"Alex," a voice whispered like the wind. "Alex," it cooed. "Alex," it repeated again, but this time with worry.

I listened closely, my eyebrows arching together curiously.

"Alex," the voice murmured. "Alex, are you okay?"

Am I okay? I'm perfectly fine. Actually, more than fine, I thought.

"Alex, come back to us!" The voice pleaded. I noticed that it was a deep, masculine voice that I found familiar. Very familiar.

"Oh, please be alright," He prayed.

Then, I remembered. My deal with my parents. Jack and Finn. London. My new job. The pool party. Me drowning. Everything.

Where am I? I sat up, finding support in the trunk of the tree.  I concluded that I was unconscious and possibly dying. I had a choice. Either I go back to the harsh reality or I could stay in this peaceful, happy place. The second choice was definitely more appealing to me.

"Alex, please," the voice stammered.

I sucked in a sharp breath. Jack and Finn. My dreams. I can't just give up.

I sighed and shut my eyes tightly, willing myself to regain consciousness.

When I opened them, I was greeted by a pair of turquoise eyes. I coughed, making my body vibrate with senses. I coughed and coughed until the water inside me was completely gone. I didn't realize the firm grip a pair of arms has supported me on my back. I looked up.

It was Finn.

"Are you alright?" He expressed with worry both in his grey tinted eyes and his tone.

I nodded slightly, looking around.

I was still on the deck beside my swimming pool. The boys were all kneeling down, making a circle surrounding me. On the either side of me were Jack and Finn.

"That was close," Jack let a breath of relief. I smiled weakly at him. Even though I was still a little bit overwhelmed about the fact that I nearly just died, the boys' presence was very comforting and was making this horrible experience more bearable. Suddenly, I realized that someone must have did the CPR on me to save me. My cheeks immediately flushed bright red, and I could feel my face warming up.

"What's wrong?" Finn questioned, his voice softening. I couldn't look at him in the eyes.

"You just realized that someone had done CPR to you, haven't you?" Sam bursted into laughter. I shot a glare at him, quieting him down.

The boys tried to hide their chuckles not so succesfully. I peeked at Finn. It was Finn who saved me, right? It must be...But the voice in my dreams didn't sound like him, it sounded like...Jack's.

My mind was spinning from the confusion but I was defiantly not going to bring back the topic of who did CPR on me. My hearted ached to know the answer but I ignored it.

I glanced at both Jack and Finn. They were both chuckling, their eyes shinning in amusement. I sighed. I couldn't believe I finally met them. I observed them carefully. Many said that Finn was more handsome but Jack was funnier. I thought they were equally handsome and cheeky. I loved them so much that my heart hurt.

"Want to watch a movie now?" I suggested as I stood up with the support of Jack and Finn. The boys nodded in agreement, and we all went off to dry ourselves up and change out of our swim suits.

~ ~ ~

After a half an hour, the boys used my two spare bathrooms that I never knew I had on my second floor. Apparently, I also had three bedrooms that were the size of mine but had two beds in each instead of one. They changed into casual t-shirt and shorts that they brought with them.

I spent the half an hour by taking a hot bath to have my thoughts sink in. I blow dried my wavy hair and slipped into a pair of short boxers and an over-sized white t-shirt that had the words, "Forget me not" printed in hot-pink bold lettering at the front. I didn't even bother to put on makeup.

I went to meet up the boys on the first floor where I found them in front of my flat screen television. The twins were on the big navy-blue couch, Caspar sat alone on the other double-cushioned couch, talking to Sam, who dominated the baby-pink love seat, and Marcus was laying on the fluffy sky-blue  carpet with Alfie on his side. They were blankets on their laps and bowls of popcorn in their hands. Where did they even get all these stuff?

Caspar caught my eye, waved to me, and patted on the empty spot beside him. I joined him on the couch, bringing my legs up and crossing them while putting the hot-pink heart-shaped cushion on my lap, hugging it.

The boys were watching Ted, and I helped myself with some popcorn from Caspar's bowl.

"So Alex, are you wearing a bra?" Caspar asked, causing the boys attention to switch from the movie to me. I rolled my eyes at him playfully.

"Yes I am, why?"

He shrugged, a smile playing on his lips. Slut, I thought to myself with a silent laugh.

"So Alex, since you've been a fan of us for a while," Jack started with a wiggle of his eyebrows, "You must know a lot about us,"

"I guess," I lied with a casual shrug. Yes, I stalked them. Obviously.

Our attention turned back onto the movie and we enjoyed it in a comforting silence and couple of times, some bursting of laughter and jokes. I felt as if I knew the boys for all my life. They made me feel at home and were super welcoming. We were warm, cosy, and having fun; it was perfect.

Time few by, and we already finished two other movies: Love Actually, that I requested, and Skyfall. The boys and I had broken the ice and bonded quickly.

I yawned and checked the time. 12:13.

I rubbed my bare legs and surprisingly finding small goosebumps. Suddenly, Caspar closed the small empty space between us and threw half of his blanket over my legs. I smiled at him gratefully. I let my body fit comfortably beside him and lay my head on his shoulders. Strike one.

For a second, he tensed up and looked at me weirdly but after slightly observing my face for a second, he patted my head gently with a chuckle and pulled me closer with one of his arms.

Caspar's body heat melted away the chilliness. I let myself doze off on his shoulders. Strike two.

I then realized that I forgot to ask who actually saved my life but still carried on into my sleep, and I knew I'll forget to ask tomorrow but I just loved how cozy it felt to be with Caspar at that moment and decided it was all worth it...

Strike out.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note: Awww, wasn't that sweet??? I wanted everyone to see the sweet side of Caspar:3 Please give it a vote if you liked this chapter :) Comment if you want to give me any suggestions or just want to say something ramdom LOL. Fanning me will be helpful too :P Thanks a lot! Love ya all :) ~Amelia xx

~ ~ ~

Pic of Caspar Lee on the sidebars :)