Chapter Two

xx Chapter Two ~ Darkness xx

"We should have a party!" Sam exclaimed with his hands thrown into the air excitedly. I shrugged. Why not?

"Where?" I asked curiously and just when Sam was about to reply, Caspar cut him off.

"I love your accent!" He expressed enthusiastically.

I giggled. "No way! I love yours! If I have a British or a South-African accent, I would never shut up," 

"Most of us don't," Jack joked with a grin, and we all laughed.

"How about a party at my place?" I offered, as soon as I said it, I regretted my decision. I did not just invite a group of boys to my private suite!

"Your place? Aren't you staying at a hotel?" Finn pointed out.

I nodded. Well, there's no going back now.

"I do, but it's more like a penthouse," I explained unsuccessfully. The boys exchanged looks with each other.

"I have a swimming pool and a Jacuzzi," I tried again.

"We're in!" The boys responded loudly in unison.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Caspar urged us.

"Wait! I didn't pack my swimsuit with me," I stammered embarrassingly as the boys' face fell. "I guess I can go shop for one," I suggested, trying to cheer up the mood.

"Let's go then!" Alfie nagged me while dragging me with him.

~ ~ ~

A second after the boys and I arrived at the shopping centre, they kidnapped me to Victoria Secret. Did you know that they sell bikinis there?

Marcus and Sam shoved me, not so gently, into the change room as the rest of the boys went to hunt for all different colours and styles of bikinis. A few minutes later, they rushed back with their hands full of bikinis.

"How did you guys even know what size I am?" I questioned them with a raise of my eyebrows.

"We didn't," Finn admitted as he ran his hand through his hair. I rolled my eyes and gestured for the boys to hand me the bikinis. There was at least thirty pairs of them. I sat down on the circular couch in front of my change room and started to eliminate the bikinis that weren't my size.

"So," Sam started, "What size are you?" 

I ignored him and rolled my eyes playfully. After a few seconds of sorting, I was left a quarter of the original amount. I sighed as I headed into the change room with the boys' eyes following me.

I stripped myself and changed on the first pair of bikinis I grabbed. It  was strapless and black. It was simple but cute and added colour to my skin. I hesitated but eventually stepped out of the change room, greeted by the boys' stares.

"So? What do you guys think?" 

I noticed that Sam and Alfie's mouths were dropped open and their eyes were literally popping out of their sockets. Jack and Finn were running their hands through their hair as Jack's eyes were crossed-eyed. Marcus was pretending to small talk with Caspar while none reply came. I giggled.

"Not good?" 

Just then the room started to be filled with protests and '"No, it's fine!" I smirked at the boys. Smooth, boys. Real smooth.

The process repeated until I marched out of the change room the sixth time with a navy-blue bikini on. Its straps were tied into a ribbon around my neck and my back. There were also ribbons on the sides for the bottom. It was simple with a tinge of girlie and added colour to my skin while showing of my voluminous curves and slender legs.

The moment I stepped out, I knew this was the one. The boys whistled and complimented how good I looked. Eventually I brought the bikini, and we headed off to my hotel.

~ ~ ~

"This place is huge!" Marcus commented on my suite. I nodded simply.

We were already changed and were super excited. The boys followed me to the third floor and literally squeaked like young fan girls when they saw the glassed walls, the enormous swimming pool and the heavenly Jacuzzi.

"I haven't had a good swim for a while," Jack stated as he and the boys stretched. I couldn't help but stare at the their abs. Look away, Alex, look away.

"Enjoying what you see?" Caspar teased with a wink and a chuckle, making me roll my eyes.

I finally teared my eyes away and began making my way to the swimming pool. I slipped in carefully. The water was cool but not icy. I took time to adapt to the water temperature as the boys jumped in together, splashing everywhere.

 "Well, that was fun!" Sam shouted across the pool to me.

"Let's play tag!" Jack suggested. Everyone expressed their agreement. "Not it!"

The whole pool was soon echoing with "not it"s until the last person yelled it. Out heads turned to the last "not it." It was Alfie.

Immediately, everyone started to scam away from Alfie in all different directions as fast as possible, including myself. I swam towards a corner on the deep end where the water was five times colder. I shivered and when I looked back, I saw Alfie's body swimming towards me quickly.

I screamed as I tried to swim away. Tried.

Even though I was tall for a girl, I felt as if I was a midget compared to the boys. Alfie's long arms and legs soon helped him close the distance between us. Just when he was able to reach forwards towards me, I felt a tingling feeling on my legs. Oh no.

I soon couldn't feel my legs and was splashing the water with my frantically waving arms. I was screaming for help and saw all the boys trying to reach towards me when water started to fill my lungs. My head started to spin as more energy drained out of me as I splashed around frantically. I felt as if someone was choking me. My mind was foggy, and I couldn't think straight.

I'm going to die, I thought. I never thought I would die like this. I don't want to die like this. Not at such a young age, not when I am an arm length away from my dream and love. Not now.

I splashed and splashed. Why wasn't anyone saving me?

It felt like forever. I didn't want to, but my arms and legs felt as if they were disconnecting from my body as a result of the unless splashing; so I stopped. I stopped splashing, and I almost stopped hoping. Almost. Hope was all I had then, if I lost it, I wouldn't have anything to live with.

At that moment, just before I started to let myself drown into the deep, icy water was a pair of arms reaching out to me into what looked liked a warm, tender embrace. 

I sunk slowly as my eyes traced out  the sight of the dazzling emerald orbs that belonged to those pair of arms. It was the same pair of eyes that gave me courage to go after my dreams; the same one I drowned in for what felt like forever. The eyes that still told me to keep holding on and not give up. Only two boys had those coloured eyes.

Jack? Finn?

Suddenly, I felt a rush of warm surrounding me, deleting the coldness. It was as if I was surrounded by love but that was when the feeling was cut off.

I let the darkness overcome me. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author's Note:

Hey guys :) Enjoyed the chapter? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give it a vote! Have any suggestions? Comment below!!! I left you guys with a cliff-hanger! Muahahaha~ lol Don't forget to fan!!! Thanks so much for the support :) Love ya all ~ Amelia xx

P.S. Sorry if there was any mistakes, I didn't have to time to edit thoroughly :(

~ ~ ~

Pic of Jack and Finn with bubbles on the sidebars :D