Chapter Five

xx Chapter Five ~ Memories xx

My eyes widened in shock I felt the glass walls of my heart come crashing down and shattering into billion little, tiny pieces. It felt as if the world froze in place for me to stare at them and wonder how perfect they looked together; like a prince and a princess, bonded to be together. My body started to vibrate with anger. How could she? I inhaled sharply and regretted it immediately because Finn's glaze turned from Angelina to me.

Finn snapped back into reality and pushed Angelina back with a look of absolute disgust on his face. She whimpered, collapsed onto the floor and began to weep with her head buried in her hands. Finn began approaching me, his glance never left me. I backed away, trying to escape the harsh reality.

"Alex," he murmured softly, his emerald eyes bored into mine. God it was impossible to look into them and not get lost in them. My glanced wavered as I refused to look at him in the eyes.

"Alex, look at me," he pleaded as he reached for me but I backed away just in time for his fingertips to brush my arm. "I can explain"

"There's nothing to explain! Why would you even want to explain?" I tried to protest loudly but my voice sounded weak.

I hadn't noticed that I was crying until Finn cupped my head gently and with both of his thumbs, wiped my tears away.

"Don't cry, Alexandra," he cooed. The fact that he called me by my full name suddenly caught me off guard. "Are you free right now?"

I nodded, and he smiled.

"Fancy a cup of coffee or tea with me at Starbucks?" He offered kindly. I shook my head, I just couldn't face him right now. Finn frowned slightly then tilted my head upwards so I was looking directly into his eyes.

"Please, Alex. I really want to talk to you," more tears came tumbling down my cheeks. I didn't want to hear anything from him. I just wanted to go back to my deserted penthouse and cry alone. I had always tried to believe that I could somehow be with them, it was what kept me persevering but now, everything seemed impossible. No matter how hard I try, it would never be possible. For the first time in my life, I wanted to give up.

Then, he pulled me into his chest where I felt small and fragile. I took in the comforting scent of his aftershave with a mix of mint that surrounded me like his muscular arms. I wanted to push him away for kissing his ex but I couldn't move. He hugged me tight, forming me a barrier from the reality. He rested his chin on my head and we stayed liked that. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable, it was comforting. It felt as if there were electric currents running through my body. As soon as my tears stopped, I expected him to pull away immediately but he continued to stay there. I thought I almost heard his heart race but convinced myself I was just hearing things. I felt as if I was the luckiest girl in the world. At that moment, nothing mattered; there were only us in the entire world. I felt all the waiting I've done was worth it. I loved them despite everything, including the distance, and I continued to love them for what felt like forever. My heart ached for more.

"Are you better now?" He whispered into my ears, still hugging me. I nodded slightly, and he pulled away slowly as if I'll collapse in any second. I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. He took my hand in his, entwining our fingers. "Follow me."

~ ~ ~

I was in an almost deserted Starbucks with Finn after we grabbed our things. He ordered a cup of tea as I ordered a cup of coffee with two cream and one bag of sugar, like usual. Finn insisted to pay for me and when he handed me my coffee, our skins brushed against each other and the electric currents sparked again. I wasn't surprised that he was having this effect on me. Then we found a comfy spot on the couch and sat facing each other.