Prologue - Off The Edge

There are moments in your life that shape who you are and who you will become. Moments where you can almost see the cliff's edge, the sun low in the sky and it feels as if you have no other choice but to jump. So pivotal, creating a wave that alters the course of your existence forever.

"I swear it, she is strong. I have taught her myself since she was just a babe." My father arguing my case, looking into the monster's eyes without so much as a shake in his voice.

So confident in my abilities as a young witch, ready to bargain me off as a chess piece in the Lord's game. A monster that I can't bear to look at, yet I see some parts of myself in him. That's the thing with monsters if you look close enough, eventually, you can see yourself staring right back at you.

For we are not simply good or evil, we are good and evil.

"Young Olliana, what do you say? Are you ready to follow in your parent's footsteps and set my most loyal followers free?", the monster asks me.

What choice does one have when you are born into a life such as mine? My parents made this choice for me long before, they answered the Lord's question 17 years ago when they birthed me into this chaos. Although, I cannot blame them completely as I've had a good enough life; my father and mum are tough but loving, in their own way. Death eaters from the beginning, my parents never trusted my education to fall into the hands of Dumbledore so they chose to teach me magic themselves. Because of it, I have probably learned more than any other student at Hogwarts, at least in the dark arts. I can't say that as confidently when it comes to Herbology or Muggle Studies (a useless class if you ask me), but I know enough magic to protect myself at least. All my life they were good, supportive parents; however, I always knew this day would come.

Never taking my eyes off him, the monster steps towards me slowly, anticipating my response with hope shining in his black, cruel eyes. Hope that a young, strong witch such as myself would help in his dark quest.

My mind battled my heart and my mind won easily. That is the fact about this life, your heart is forever tainted. Of course, there is a small part of me that wants to scream "Never!" because of the innocent lives that have been brutally taken in the Lord's quest for power.

But there will always be darkness in my heart. That tempting voice in my mind who isn't so worried about the innocent lives, who isn't worried about the consequences. Because I am forever tainted with darkness. My family demands it of me, or it will be our downfall. The Lord doesn't accept refusal and won't grant second chances.

"Yes, My Lord"

And that is how I lead the charge to free Lord Voldemort's most loyal followers from Azkaban and fell face-first off the edge.

* Don't forget to vote and leave comments on what you like/don't like! This is my first book that I have ever written so be gentle with me :) Chapter 1 coming September 12th!*

For reference this is how I see Olliana!