First Date

Song (glee version though because Prince is confusing but the song is a classic) and picture to the side for this chapter :D 

You don't have to be rich to be my girl, you don't have to be cool to rule my world. Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with, I just want your extra time and your…kiss

The song was stuck in my head like gum stuck on a shoe. Dammit, it just wouldn’t leave.

Not to mention Ayaan heard me singing it to myself and broke out into a fit of laughter. And then he proceeded to sing it all day, save the few moments of peace when we prayed.

Dinner was the worst. Prince was Emma’s favourite so she decided to join in on the fun.  Liam had gone out with some girl he met at the bonfire so it was me, all alone to put up with this. They karaoke Prince till 9.

Even after Emma left, Ayaan continued to torment me. As I was drying the dishes, Ayaan came up behind me and trapped me into the counter. This time however, he had the song playing on his laptop. On repeat.

You got to not talk dirty, baby, if you wanna impress me, you can't be too flirty, mama, I know how to undress me. I want to be your fantasy, maybe you could be mine, you just leave it all up to me, we could have a good time

Good lord. He starts peppering kisses all over my face, almost making me drop the plate I was holding.  “Ayaan!”

“What?” he frowns mockingly but the joke is more than evident on his face.

“Leave me alone you duffer,” I try to push him away but that only makes him wrap his arms around from the side and attack my right cheek instead.

After a minute of fighting it, I just stand there like a statue. He realizes I’m not laughing with him and instantly stops.

“Saf?”

“What an idiot, you actually fell for the silent treatment?” I snort, turning around to leave the kitchen.

“Safiyana! God, I thought you were actually mad,” he jogs after me like a puppy. Man I should’ve listened to Kismat earlier; I feel like the queen I was born to be.

“I’m used to your irritating quips, don’t be alarmed,” I throw over my shoulder as I fund PJs for the night. He comes up behind me and turns me around with a small smile on his face.

“Good,” he starts, “Because I like doing this. Very much,” he mutters, pressing his lips to mine again.

The next few days went by in a blur. Between tying all loose ends and preparing to return back him, I had no idea when we came to our second last here. We’d leave the next night at midnight.

Ayaan and I had pushed barriers in our relationships. Turns out that being physically close to someone helps being emotionally close as well.

Though a lot of that should be accounted to the almost 7 months we got to know each other before hand. We got to spend more time with each other, alone since Emma and Liam were partying it up in their last few days in paradise.

Tonight, with one night to go, Ayaan had announced that we would have a fun night as well. I had no idea what he had planned but he’d disappeared since lunch.

I took my afternoon then to pamper up a bit and look nicer. I’d turned into such a girl.

Ayaan came back around six and appraised my dressed up self. He too then put on a nice white shirt and some chinos.