Second Home

So sorry for the long delay but here's an extra long chapter :D Enjoy. And please, everybody, pray for all our brothers and sisters in Palestine.

How I manage to get myself in these types of situations, only God will know.

Ayaan and I both pale as Enzo locks the door. We look at each other but Ayaan seems a lot calmer than me. He takes a couple steps back and quickly grabs my hand in his. I look at him in confusion but he warns me with a look.

"We meet again" Enzo smiles sickeningly. "I warned you not to get involved but here you are. Too bad. You seem like a smart bunch of kids."

 "Look, we'll just leave. We're not here to make trouble" Ayaan says cautiously.

"That's not possible boy. You've already made too much trouble by meddling in matters that are beyond you. And the last person who did so, well, she's behind you" he snickers. I think I'm going to hurl.

Ayaan slowly slips our hands into his back pocket. I had never held a boy's hand before besides my brothers' and here I was touching a butt. Oh God, forgive me. But then I realize what Ayaan's doing. He steps in front of me so I'm mostly hidden by his height.

I slide his phone out of his pocket and hastily put it on to silent before dialing the police, all the while keeping my eyes on Enzo.

Once the call connected, I kept it on while sliding it back into Ayaan's pocket and tapped his elbow to let him know it was done.

"What did you do to her Enzo?"

"Nothing really. Honestly, it was a lot more merciful that it should've been. But then again, it wasn't her fault."

"Why? What did she do?" I ask, unable to help myself. Mum always said my curiosity would get me in trouble.

"Oh cara, she started asking questions. And when she didn't get answers, she came looking for them. Too bad, she was in the wrong place at the wrong time and look where that's gotten her" he shrugs.

My stomach roils and I have to hold onto Ayaan's arm. My entire life, my brothers have protected me as if I were made of glass. Even if a got a paper cut, I'd be taken to a doctor. This much danger put my panic into overdrive.

"Is she innocent?" Ayaan asks him. How he kept his voice so stable and calm was beyond me.

"Of course she was. They always are. But that's what keeps order. And you two will just be more martyrs of a long line of innocents" he smirks, putting his hand in his back pocket.

He pulls out a gun, slowly clocking it. I flinch and grab onto Ayaan's arm in sheer panic. What if she shoots? Zayed is getting married next week and our finals start tomorrow! I can't die now!

"Look, we're not going to make any trouble. Let us go and you'll never hear from us again" Ayaan puts a warning hand up, his other coming to hold mine. I grab onto it for my dear life.

"Sorry but there are no exceptions to this rule. Though I'm willing to spare the donna bella" he grins at me. I look away, not wanting to see his hideous face anymore.

Finally, the cops came. The door burst open but unfortunately it was a stupid move on their part. Thankfully for me, I had Ayaan.

He pulled us down to the floor, him hovering over me just as Enzo shot two bullets straight ahead. The glass of the window shattered everywhere and I could feel a couple pieces fall onto us.

Men scrambled into the room dressed in bulletproof vests with MI5 written across their chests in white letters. Ayaan stood up and helped me up as well. We were instantly escorted out of the room and down the hall into an empty patient room.