Practice

Happy New Year everyone!

Just to clarify something up, only Kismat- Zayed’s wife and Safiyana’s bhabhi (which is something you call your brother’s wife)- knows about Ayaan and Safiyana getting married for Omar and Zinat. Everyone else thinks it’s because they like each other.

Everyone does know about the gang members’ incident though. Thanks to the person who asked for clarification!

If you guys do have any questions about whatever, I’m on Tumblr too and I reply faster there so you can find me there too: shakethesphere.tumblr.com

Ayaan woke me up to pray in the morning. He kept glancing my way and smiling like a little kid every time I would meet his eyes. I went back to sleep before him.

When I woke up, I found his arm over me to hold me tightly against the front of his chest. I look down on his arm, wondering how to get out before I peed myself.

“Ayaan,” I groan.

“Safiyana,” he mumbles in his sleep, tightening his arm around me.

“Move your arm,” I shake it. He finally opens his eyes enough to see what’s going on. He usually sleeps in Waseem’s room but must’ve fallen asleep here when we woke us up to pray.

“Sorry,” he grumbles and moves his arm. I get and scurry to the bathroom. It’s almost 10 so I pop in next door. Emma’s already has done breakfast.

“Why are you not becoming a chef?” I sigh, looking longingly at her chocolate chip pancakes.

“Pancakes won’t stop prostitution babe,” she snickers.

“These might…”

“So how was your night?” she asks casually.

My face warms up at the thought of last night. “The usual.”

“My night was great, thanks for asking. Got through a whole season of Sherlock. You’re right man. It’s incredible,” she nods.

“I’m halfway through my book as well. It’s so good.”

“Morning,” Ayaan walks inside the bungalow and takes off his sandals. “Hey Em, Safiyana,” he grins at me.

“Someone slept well,” Emma chuckles.

“Like a baby,” he looks to me slyly.  “This is awesome. Thanks Emma,” he helps himself to three pancakes. “If only my wife made pancakes like you,” he sighs dramatically.

“Guns Ayaan, guns,” she says pointedly. The little shit snickers before focusing on his pancakes.

“Hey mate, hey Saf,” Liam walks into the kitchen with his laptop in his hand. He joins Ayaan and they eliminate all the pancakes while watching football highlights.

 “Do you want to finish up gift shopping today? Emma turns to me.

“Oh yes, so glad you asked. I still have something left to get for Zinat and Ayaan’s mum. Do you think a house trinket will do?”

“Yeah, get a nice showpiece. She’ll love it,” she nods.

“Alright, meet you in an hour outside?”

“Sounds like a plan,” she sings, walking to get dressed. I excuse myself to get dressed as well.

“Mind if we join you? I could use a photo shoot out on the town,” Ayaan calls over his shoulder.

“We leave in an hour!”

Decked out in sunglasses and flip-flops, we hit the outdoor markets to finish up any remaining shopping. We had less than two weeks left and I needed to pack.