Piano Confessions

(NOT EDITED)

Dedicated to NesrinMustafe for being such a sweetheart! Thanks for all the love babe xx

“Everyone leave the room except the kids. Mizan, call Zinat and Ayaan.” My father turns to the window while everyone exits the room. I give Alia my deadliest glare before looking towards Omar.

He walks over and sits down beside me with his hand on my knee reassuringly. “It’ll be alright,” he whispers. I start praying under my breath. I don’t know what will happen but something bad will. Something life changing. Those whose life….. that’s to find out.

“Abu,” Mizan Bhai walks into the room with Zinat and Ayaan. They both sit down across from me. Fear is evident in Zinat’s eyes.

“You may leave Mizan,” Abu tells him authoritatively.

“I think I should stay Abu,” Mizan Bhai says apprehensively.

“If you must. Omar, explain what is going on,” he turns back to us.

“Uncle, may I?” Alia stands up.

“No, Abu she wa-”

“Safiyana!” he holds up a hand to silence me. I close my eyes to hold back the tears. Something is going to go so wrong. I feel it in my heart. My pulse is racing, my gut is drowning in anxiety, my mind is running is all directions. Omar wraps his arm around me when he sees that I’m about to break down.

“What’s wrong Saf?”

“Uncle, I didn’t want this to happen. But Omar has already told you. I didn’t want this to happen but Safiyana found out and I couldn’t hide the truth any longer,” she sheds a couple alligator tears. I open my mouth to protest again but Abu silences me with a look.

“Continue,” he tells her.

“I fell in love with someone I go to school with. Nothing happened because my parents told me they were going to get me engaged to Omar before I could tell them about him. It all happened so fast and Safiyana and Ayaan found out and I’m sorry!” she starts wailing like a fucking whale.

Ugh, how I want to face out and shove it up her-

“And what about Safiyana and Ayaan. What was the meaning of what you said earlier?”

“I shouldn’t say,” she says weakly. Dumb trollop.

“Say what you have to say Alia. There are no times for games,” Abu orders. I can’t help but feel happy that even he sees past her fake façade.

“Ayaan and Safiyana,” she sniffles. Ugh, drop it already! “They love each other.”

“What, no!”

“She’s crazy!” Ayaan and I both stand up at the same time.

“Alia, do not go around making false accusations. What proof do you have of this?”

“They spend all their free time together. I’ve seen them alone, talking, laughing. It’s not hard to miss. I’ve heard them say how they feel,” she fumbles it all out.

God, she could’ve been in Hollywood!

“Is this true?” Abu looks towards me and then to Ayaan. “Have you been spending time with each other? Do you wish to be together?”

Ayaan looks at me and then at Zinat. I can read what’s on his mind. If we tell him the truth, he’ll find out about Omar and Zinat. He may not oppose the relationship but he is a man of principle. He will deny it all because of the web we wove.