Don't Forget 'Bout ME!

Authors Note: Short update. I'm sick & at work. Consider this as a filler & s sneak peek of the next update.

"And I tried to believe that We could make it. But trying don't work so I just have to face that forever doesn't last too long these days."

-J.Sullivan

Diamond POV. 

It's been two weeks since the incident at the salon. I can't even go back to school.  Can Y'all believe that Shit?

My mother didn't sign me up. I should've figured. 

I drove around my old neighborhood.  Seeing the kids outside, running around with no shoes on, hair not combed, Pampers needing changing is bringing back memories.

I've always been told.  "If you make it out the Hood, never forget where you came from. The Hood is the one that taught you the way of life. "

I pulled into my old apartment complex where I used to stay with my Moms. I cut the engine off and stepped out. Looking my doors, I went upstairs.

When I reached the door, a big Note was on the front that read EVICTED. The Fuck my momma gone stay at now? She ain't got a job the first.

Lord.

I turned around and left. "Hey D." Christan spoke when I got to the bottom.

"What's up C?" I ask.

"Nothing, Tryna find some food.  You know momma struggling. " He said.

He was 7. Smart little kid.

Understanding where He came from, I leaned down and pulled out a hundred. "Give this to your big sister. Tell her to get Y'all something to eat. Do t give it to your momma. Don't even let her know you have it. " I whispered.

"Okay. Thank you D. I love you." He said.

I smiled. "I love you, too. "

I gotta  take care of my people. When the old lady down the block died, everybody hit a downfall. Everyone was affected. Shit, she was the only one caring for us kids.

Now, I gotta do what I gotta do. It's only right.

I got back into my car and pulled off.

I was playing August Alsina Pandora and this damn song came on.

"I'll never forget where I come from, I'm

from the bottom.

The shoes on my feet, remember how I got'em

When I didn't have a car

I was on the bus stop, when I needed cash

I was selling crack rock

Didn't have a lot

But a nigga had enough

Had to keep it moving when the going got tough

It was bad y'all

Lost some niggas on the way, it's sad y'all

They couldn't make it
Here today

Now I do it for my homies

That'll never get to do it

And I do it for the mamas

Trying to make it on they own

Yeah I do it for the thugs

Only your locked up