huit

★ 。\|/。★

𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖎𝖙:A DRAKON ATTACK ENDS IN A SACRIFICE

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖎𝖙:
A DRAKON ATTACK
ENDS IN A SACRIFICE

★ 。/|\。★

BELLE AWOKE FROM an angry roar shaking the city. Her eyes fluttered open and she felt her head pound from the crying she had done. She sat up and glanced around for a moment. Belle could spot Percy and Grover standing by each other. Her heart ached. She couldn't understand why Percy did what he did. Did he really like her at all? He said that he didn't like Rachel, so . . . why was he lying? Nothing made sense. Maybe it was a cruel joke from Aphrodite to make Belle's heart shatter.

"Hey, B," Annabeth greeted gently. "We have to go. It's a Drakon."

She rubbed her hurting eyes. "I know."

"Are you sure you can face him right now?"

Belle shrugged. "I have to, don't I? What we're facing is greater than me and Percy."

Annabeth gave her a tight smile and offered Belle her hand. She used it to pull herself up and Annabeth gripped it tight as they walked outside behind Thalia, Percy, and Grover.

Camp Half-Blood's army wasn't in very good shape. The Hephaestus Cabin had completely run out of Greek fire. Apollo kids and Hunters were scrounging for spare arrows on the street. Most of them had eaten so much ambrosia and drank so much nectar that they couldn't risk taking more. All of them that were left in fighting shape were sixteen campers, fifteen Hunters, and six Satyrs. The rest had taken refuge on Olympus to be treated. Not to mention the Party Ponies were staggering, giggling, and playfully attacking each other after consuming so much root beer.

Chiron trotted up to them with Rachel on his back. Belle felt a twinge of annoyance for the red-haired girl. Chiron rarely gave anyone a ride, especially not a mortal. Yet here he was, carrying Rachel like she was all high and mighty. Belle couldn't really admit that she was mad at Rachel, though. Her anger was all directed at Percy.

"Your friend here has some useful insights, Percy," Chiron admitted.

Rachel blushed as red as her hair. "Just some things I saw in my head."

"A Drakon. A Lydian Drakon, to be exact. The oldest and most dangerous kind."

Percy stared at her. "How did you know that?"

"I'm not sure," Rachel responded. "But this Drakon has a particular fate. It will be killed by a child of Ares."

Annabeth squeezed Belle's hand momentarily. "How can you possibly know that?"