BONUS: BELLE AND PERCY IN THE STAFF OF HERMES

★ 。\|/。★

𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘

𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖚𝖘:BELLE AND PERCY INTHE STAFF OF HERMES

𝖇𝖔𝖓𝖚𝖘:
BELLE AND PERCY IN
THE STAFF OF HERMES

★ 。/|\。★

THE BATTLE OF Manhattan left a heavy weight on Belle Adair's shoulders. Of course, the stress of impending doom was gone, but that battle left her with scars. Both physically and mentally. She finally discovered that she had to do something to try and make herself feel lighter.

So she cut her hair.

Her brunette waves were always her favorite feature about her, but after a while, she realized that it was becoming a little too much. About a week after the battle, Belle went to the Aphrodite Cabin and had them cut her hair to her shoulders.

To say that Percy loved it was an understatement. For the first hour of her having her new haircut, he just stared at her, didn't say a word, and ran it through his fingers. Both Belle and Annabeth had to coax him to speak his mind, only for him to stumble over the many compliments he wanted to give her.

Currently, Belle and Percy were relaxing on a comfy blanket at the Great Lawn in Central Park. Belle's back was leaning against Percy's arm. Her copy of The Hunger Games rested in her hands, and she flipped the pages as she immersed herself into the story. A pizza, chocolate toffee, bottles of water, and extra weapons (just in case) rested among them.

"You know, Beauty, we never properly celebrated our one year anniversary," Percy suddenly announced.

Belle raised an eyebrow and looked up at him. "Winning a war was sufficient enough, don't you think?"

Percy's mind went haywire just from her gazing at him. It certainly didn't help that he noticed Belle looked incredibly good today. Her skin was usually pale, but after weeks of staying in the sun, it now adorned a slight bronzy glow. The freckles dusted across her face stuck out more as well because of it. Her now-short hair was resting comfortably above her shoulders and was produced in pretty waves. The seashell pendant on her Camp Half-Blood necklace glinted in the sun. Her blue eyes glittered, making them look like miniature oceans.

He blinked, bringing himself back to focus. "Okay, yeah, but at least let me take you out on a date or something."

"This is a date," Belle countered.

Percy rolled his eyes. "You're impossible."

Suddenly, a streak of light flashed across Belle's eyes. She blinked, looking around for the source as she sat up and placed her bookmark in her book. Belle finally spotted it. It was a brown delivery truck parked in the spot of the Great Lawn where no cars were allowed. The side of it read HERMES EXPRESS. Belle inwardly groaned.