treize

★ 。\|/。★

𝗦𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖎𝖟𝖊:GIFTS FROM THE GODS

𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖎𝖙𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖎𝖟𝖊:
GIFTS FROM THE GODS

★ 。/|\。★

THE THREE FATES themselves were the ones to take Luke's body. Belle had never seen them before, but they were three scary ghoulish grandmothers with bags of knitting needles and yarn. She accidentally met one of their gazes and saw her entire life literally flash before her eyes. Belle watched herself grow old until she was being lowered into the ground in a coffin. She blinked and the moment suddenly ended.

It is done, one of the Fates said.

She held up a snipped string of blue yarn that was Luke's lifeline. They gathered up Luke's body that had been wrapped in a white and green shroud and began carrying it out of the throne room.

"Wait," Hermes interrupted.

The God of messengers was wearing his classic outfit of white Greek robes, sandals, and a helmet. As he walked, the wings of his helm fluttered. The snakes of his caduceus, George and Martha, were curling around the staff muttering, Luke, poor Luke. Hermes pulled back to the shroud to reveal Luke's face. He pressed his lips to his son's forehead and murmured a final blessing in Ancient Greek.

"Farewell," Hermes whispered.

He nodded. The Fates then carried away Luke Castellan's body.

Belle crossed her arms from her place next to Annabeth. The lines of the Prophecy, ones that she heard only a few days before, now suddenly all made sense. The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap: Luke was the hero, and the cursed blade was Annabeth's knife he had given her long ago — cursed because Luke had broken his promise and betrayed his friends. A single choice shall end his days: Percy's choice to give Luke the knife and believe, just like Annabeth had, that he was still capable of setting things right. Olympus to preserve or raze: Luke had saved Olympus by sacrificing himself. This whole time, Belle was left with a pit in her stomach thinking that the Prophecy was about Percy. But no, it was about Luke.

Suddenly, Annabeth's knees buckled next to her. Belle surged forwards and caught one arm. However, on the other side, Percy had grabbed her broken arm. Annabeth cried out in pain.

"Percy!" Belle scolded.

"I didn't mean to!" Percy countered. "Oh Gods, Annabeth, I'm sorry."