Part 1 In Deep Waters - Chapter 1

IT' FINALLY HERE! But sorry, it's not Tara, it's Gabrielle. I thought that I might as well introduce the new characters quickly before starting. 

I put as song Demi Lovato's Don't Forget, because it sorta kinda makes sense in this chapter. And a picture of a mermaid. 

Part 1 ~ In Deep Waters

Chapter 1

Gabrielle

            “So listen to this” She said to her mom shoving the last piece of her pork chop into her mouth. “Apparently the school’s organizing this boat trip so we can go see whales and dolphins, and I really wanna go and—”

            “No” Her mother suddenly cut in covering her mouth so Gabrielle didn’t see her showing her food.

            “But why!?” She sounded like a six year old kid who’s mother didn’t wanna get her a toy. Well, the scenario wasn’t too far off from the actually situation. “You never let me go!”

            “Gabrielle you know how I feel about you getting too close to water.”

            “Just because uncle Marvin got his arm ripped off and eaten by a shark doesn’t mean I will Mom.” She argued, a picture of her handicapped uncle coming to mind. “For one thing, I’m not mentally disturbed, and I wouldn’t have the brilliant idea to shove my arm in the shark’s mouth in the first place.”

            Her mom ignored her last remark. “Sweetie it’s a no, sorry. Now eat your broccoli before it gets cold.” She said it so casually, clearly not aware of how cruel she was being.  

            “I’ve decided that I am a non-vegetarian.” Gabrielle said, pushing the broccoli with her fork across her plate.

            Lena was probably going to snap and say that a non-vegetarian wasn't even a real term, but the front door suddenly opened and closed with a bang. Her dad came into the dining room, dragging her brother Gregory behind him. Her mom immediately got up and went to go stand in front of them, and started her usual “where have you been Gregory Casslynn, we haven’t heard from you all weekend” scenario. Her father had gone out looking for him most of the day, and he always came back dead tired. Honestly how he could search for him practically every night was a mystery to her.  

            “Is that pot I smell!?” Her mother shouted in her hysteria.

            Gabrielle’s father took out from his pocket a bag of weed, explaining that he’d found it in Greg’s coat pockets.

            “You’re only fifteen years old! This behavior of yours isn’t normal!” Lena continued on.

            Because her mother wasn’t paying attention, Gabrielle grabbed her plate and threw out her broccoli. She was rather proud of herself to have gone unnoticed.

            Her mom had been screaming so loud at her brother, that her little two year old sister Keke woke up. Her father was heading up the stairs to go calm her down, but Gabrielle thought that he had more important things to deal with than a crying baby.

            “I’ll go” She said to her dad. “Just deal with Greg and keep mom under control.” He nodded and turned his attention back to his son as Gabrielle made her way up the stairs.

            She entered the room, the one she shared with Keke, and felt bad when she saw her little sister tossing and turning and crying. She quickly lifted Keke up into her arms, and the child immediately calmed down. That was one of the strangest things about Gabrielle; animals, plants, bugs and all other living things all hated her, but people most of the time, just fell into her arms. But it wasn’t just her though, Gregory was the same, no matter how unlikable he seemed to be, people just loved him.