Chapter 10

• Dedicated to No One

Alright, so here's the real chapter 10. Like I said before, it's only going to be Tara, so the chapter will be a little short, but I wanted her to have her moment because she's been sharing the spotlight with so many other great characters recently. Anyway, the chapter is pretty pointless, but oh well.

On the side, picture of Tara and I found this song I never heard of, but I figured that the lyrics were kind of symbolic of this chapter. If you don't listen to the song, here's a little sample:

The ocean breathes salty, won't you carry it in?
In your head, in your mouth, in your soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both grow old.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I hope so.

Enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 10

Tara

                Where was I? Why am I here? What did I do now? I slowly lifted myself up, and looked around me; there was nothing but a big dark empty space. I could see everything clearly, because there was nothing to see.  I couldn’t even tell if I was floating, or if I was walking; so, I stayed where I was…wherever that was. Was I dead? The thought was almost a relief, even though I know that it shouldn’t be.  What would happen if I did die anyway? The Kingdom would probably fall, I thought, and everyone would die and meet me in mermaid heaven. It’s funny how a few months ago I had ask myself what would happen if I would kill myself, and somehow, when I’d jumped off that bridge, I was suddenly getting myself into even more problems than before. Maybe if I would have just killed myself the easy way and hung myself I wouldn’t be in this mess. Sometimes I really wish that I would have died though. But what if I had? That day on the bridge, what if Breena hadn’t turned me into a mermaid? What if I would have just drowned? Maybe Adara would have become queen and would have brought the Upper Kingdom to its end. Or maybe, maybe, Taiven would have figured out what she was before their wedding, and would have killed her. Killing Adara would have solved so many problems. But what if some other girl would have gotten changed into a mermaid instead of me?  Would she have ended up marrying Taiven and getting knocked up too? I felt a little jealous at the thought of it.

….....................................(it has been pointed out to me that I don't do weeeeeeeee anymore.).............(wait for it)............................................................(weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)...................................

                Well? What am I supposed to do? How long have I been in this sort of dark-bubble-thing anyway? Why can’t I just wake up? Maybe I am really dead…

                Alright, while I have the time, I might as well start considering names for my little boy. Hummmm…. Okay. I remember when I was a little girl I had already picked out names for my future children, but right now, I couldn’t seem to remember a single one of them. The name needs to be sort of humanish and merish, because I don’t think Taiven would really like it if I decided to call our boy John, or Michael or Dick. Maybe if I just invented a name off of the top of my head it would sound merish. Alright, so, Zale? That sounds cute. Zayva? What’s with me and the Zs? Okay time to change letters. Teal? No, that’s too girly. Marious? No, because I don’t want to call him Mari for short.  What if I tried mixing my name with Taiven’s together? Taravain? Taivara? Taren? Oh, that sounds nice; Taren.  Definitely keeping that one.

......................................................................................................(weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)..............................

Alright, why the hell am I still here? This isn’t funny anymore, and honestly, I’m kind of getting freaked out. Finally, I decided to move from the spot I had stayed put, and slowly I started to move into the empty dark space. As soon as I moved, a bright white light appeared, and I had once again thought that maybe I’d just died, but no, the light disappeared as fast as it had appeared.  Instead, I found myself staring at an awkward scene of my life, the one when I was at the hospital with my Mom, a few days before she died. She had her eyes closed, tubes in her nose, her skin was pale and it almost didn’t look like she was breathing. The little blond me was sitting beside her, watching her but not saying or doing anything. Eventually little me got up, kissed my mother’s forehead, before slowly making her way to the door. I then watched as my younger-self, then turned around and looked at my mother one last time before leaving. I hadn’t known at the time that it would be the last time that I would ever see her alive again. Then seen then abruptly changed to my mom’s funeral. Oddly enough, it had been raining that day and everyone was wearing black and holding their umbrellas. I however, had been standing in the rain holding thirteen year old Ridge’s hand. The scene then changed to a few years later when my dad had first hit me, and everything from that moment just flied by before my eyes. It weird, but it’s as if I was seeing all of this for the first time, as if it had never happened. It was also kind of a wakeup call of how much things had changed. Sure I thought of my old life a lot, but seeing it this from this angle, just reminds me that maybe things are better now than they were before. I looked away at the scene when I jumped off the bridge; for some reason I couldn’t bring myself to watch it. When I brought my attention back to my life, it was when I first met Adara and Taiven. Seeing him there kind of made my heart squeeze, but I ignored it. All of the scenes stopped the moment he and I first kissed; besides, I remembered everything quite clearly from that point on. That’s when a cold shiver went down my spine.

                I just saw my life flash before my eyes.

                Like what happens right before you’re about to die.

                Suddenly a bright white light appeared, catching me completely off guard, right before I opened my eyes.  

I hate this chapter with all of my being xD Just reminds me what a crappy story this all is. Alright, next chap I'll try and make up for this. It's going to be Ridge and Taiven.

I'm not going to even ask for a vote this time xD