Chapter 4

Wanted to publish this before monday. Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 4

Tara

I turned the street corner where my house was and saw that the front door was wide open. Panicked, I hurried to the house and quickly went inside. Picture frames, cushions, papers, food, glass, and many other things where broken on the floor. I stared around the house in pure horror. Despite binging pregnant, I hurried up the stairs as fast as I could. I immediately went inside Ridge’s room, only to discover a bigger mess than down stairs, plus the window was broken. I then went to my room, and oddly enough everything was still in place. I rolled my eyes, before hurrying back downstairs, and rushing to my neighbour’s house.

I practically bang the door down until someone answered.

“Tarabelle.” Evereesha said opening the door, looking at me stunned. “You are…pregnant.” She finally managed to comment.   

“Wow thank you, I did not notice.” I snapped not meaning to sound so rude. “Look, I was wondering if you saw what happened to my house.”

She gave me a twisted smile. “But what ever do you mean Tarabelle?”

I closed my hands into a fist, now was not the time for this crazy old hag to get on my nerves. “My house” I said trying to stay calm. “Was robbed, and my brother is missing. Did you see anything?”

“You do not have more pressing matters to attend to than the disappearing of your brother, Majesty?” I froze. Did she just call me the M word? But she’s a mortal! I was not prepared for situations like these.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I tried to lie, but it sounded fake.

I suddenly saw someone emerged from behind Evereesha, coming down the stairs. He came to the door, cutting in front of the woman.

“Can I help you?” The boy asked.

It was in moments like these that I wished that I wasn’t so pregnant, because this boy was really cute; even though he must be a year or two younger than me.

“Yeah, I wanted to know if you’re grand-mother here knew what happened to my house?” I decided that I didn’t like him either. In fact, if Evereesha had a cat, I wouldn’t like it too.

“Look, what goes on in other people’s houses is none of our business.” The guy also snapped; oh, so he was giving me a challenge; worse thing ever to do to a crazy pregnant impatient mermaid queen.

“You’re right, sorry.” I answered with a cruel smile. “So when I call the police later, I’m sure they will be very happy to know that my neighbours didn’t feel like cooperating with me. Do they have something to hide? I guess we’ll know when they come to search the house later.” The boy didn’t look too happy and smug anymore. “Thank you for your time.” I concluded, sounding very officer-like.

Once back in the street, I took a deep breath. Which way to go? Left or right? I went by logic, if Ridge jumped out the right window, he ran on the right side of the street because it was easier. That was my best bet; so I headed right; and stopped immediately when I reached the end of the street. Pain suddenly shot through my stomach, forcing me onto my knees. Oh please, now was not the time for me to be giving birth! Only it wasn’t that type of pain; because my water didn’t break. It wasn’t my pain; it was Taiven’s. Immediately, my vision went blurry, and I blacked out, hitting my head on the ground.

“Mommy, what’s this?” I asked her, as I lifted up a strange looking seashell that she always kept with her makeup box.