Chapter 27 ~ More morphine

[WATTPAD IS UNBLOCKED AT SCHOOL SO I CAN UPLOAD MORE OFTEN YAY.

CARRY ON]

"Master Jason?" An older, british voice said from the doorway. Jason rolled over to speak to him, taking his hand away from mine.

"I'm sleeping, Alfred, what is it?"

"The doctor is here."

Jason sighed. "Five more minutes?"

"Of course," the british man said and began walking away.

Bruce's POV.

"Alfred," I called as he approached both me and the doctor from Jason's room. He was supposed to have brought Jason and Trixie with him. "Where are they?"

"If I'm not mistaken, master Bruce, I believe they are..." He hesitated as if disbelieving the words coming from his own mouth. "Cuddling."

Trixie's POV.

Jason put his hand where it had been before, so we were close again. I wanted to sleep now, maybe this was what it had been like to make me ask him to lay down with me when I was on the morphine. Let's pretend I'm only doing this now because of the loss of blood...

"Trixie, are you only doing this because you lost a lot of blood?" Jason whispered.

"Absolutely not." I said.

"Master Bruce insists that you come to see the doctor now, sir." Alfred said from the doorway. Jason sighed heavily and heaved himself up, I followed though my stance was less dramatic. He offered a hand to help me up, but I refused it and stood up on my own.

We reached the room Bruce and the doctor had been waiting in. It was a large parlor with a couch big enough for me to lay down on, which is what they signaled for me to do. Bruce, the butler--Alfred--and Jason were asked to leave the room, it was a bit overwhelming having all of them in there and the doctor noticed that as well.

"Nice to see you again, Trixie." He said with a smile on his face.

"You know who I am?"

"Bruce was kind enough to tell me your first name, but not much else about you." He shrugged. "My name is Dr. Kepler. You probably don't remember me from before?" I shook my head slightly, letting him know I did in fact not remember him from before. "So Bruce has told me you've somehow managed to get your leg wound reopened? You should have left the bandage on," he smirked and started to untie the bandage that the nurse had applied to my leg. "Oh if left untreated this definitely would have gotten infected, what on earth cut you?"

I tried to think of something that would replace a crowbar that might have cut me, but then I mentally shrugged and decided to tell the truth. "A crowbar..."

"How did you manage that?" He asked. I stayed silent for a moment. "Okay, it's none of my business I get it. Maybe it's a teenager thing." Yes... because getting cut with a crowbar was a teenager thing... He pulled out a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and began to wet a cotton ball with it. "This may sting a bit..." By what he'd said he meant this was definitely going to sting. I nodded and awaited the stinging sensation. It didn't bother me as much as I thought it would have, it was quite easy to ignore. "You may even need some stitches for this. Is it bothering you very much?"

Slightly, yes. "No."

"Would you like morphine to dull it down?" He saw through my lie.

"Not particularly." I didn't want to be 'loopy' again. That was just stupid. I hadn't even remembered the conversation that had went on between Jason and I.

"I don't want you being too tough, I'll give you some anyways."

"I'd rather you didn't."

"Oh, nonsense, it's no big deal." Did he think he was doing me a favor? Idiot. He began to pull out what looked like a sewing needle and thread to patch up the cut on my thigh. It picked at my wound, which hurt slightly, and I closed my eyes tensely and awaited it to be over. When the tugging at my skin stopped, I sighed and started to get up. That was before I felt a sharp point enter my skin.

"Ow!" I looked down to see him pulling a needle out of my leg. "I told you I didn't want morphine." He didn't respond and began to pack his things. My leg started to numb, and as I stood up I began to feel slightly dizzy.

"It's best you lay down and rest for a while." He smiled and stood up. "I'll go get Bruce."

"Great I can't wait to tell him how stupid you are." I said as I sat back down on the couch, too dizzy to keep standing. The doctor ignored me and left the room. What. The. Hell.

"Trixie?" Jason said as he entered the room.

"Jason!" I chanted and laughed.

"Oh god, you're loopy."

"And you're pretty." I giggled. My anger at the doctor didn't stay intact because he'd left the room, if he were to return he would most definitely get dirty looks a possibly a pillow thrown at his head. "I didn't want morphine but he gave some to me anyways. Pinhead!" I said, trying to continue my anger but then I ended up laughing at the silliness of the word 'pinhead'.

"Let's get you some rest..." He rolled his eyes and started to pick me up. I shoved myself away from his touch with a blank stare on my face. "You okay?"

"No, Jason... are you okay?" I said with wide eyes.

"Why did he put you on morphine, again?"

"I told him not to," I crossed my arms and pouted. Jason looked at the doctor and Bruce as they entered the room. Dr. Kepler laughed as he walked over towards me. "Don't touch me," I scoffed as he tried to help me up.

"She said she didn't want you to put her on morphine..." Jason said slowly.

"Well are you really going to trust the word of a 'loopy' patient?" The doctor chuckled as he once again tried to help me to my feet.

"Don't touch me." I said again.

"You know, I think she's a bit overwhelmed by everyone in the room,"

"I'm not." I assured him.

"It would be nice of you two to leave while I make sure she's stable before I go."

"I'm not going anywhere," Jason scoffed.

"Jason." Bruce said sternly, as if there was not going to be a debate about this. Jason sighed and followed Bruce out of the room.

"Don't make this difficult for me, kid." Dr. Kepler dropped his obnoxious smile as he looked over towards me. I raised an eyebrow in disblief.

"Why did you give me loopy juice?" I mumbled.

"It's expensive, and Bruce has money. And I'm telling you this because you're not going to remember it anyways," He chuckled as he once again tried to help me to my feet. This time, instead of warning him not to touch me I released my fist and hit the doctor in the nose, he put his hands to his face and backed off with a yelp. I couldn't help but let out a laugh. Bruce and Jason came running in as I sat up, trying to lift myself to my feet.

"What happened?" Bruce demanded.

"She broke my nose!" Dr. Kepler said, his voice muffled by his hands in front of his face. Jason and Bruce's stare went from him to me, I dropped my smile as I felt like I should not have been happy about punching Bruce's doctor in the face...

"I told him not to touch me..." I said quietly.

"What happened?" Bruce said as Jason walked over to me.

"I was trying to help her up and she punched me in the face!" The doctor moved his hands away from his nose. Oh it wasn't even bleeding, it was just slightly red. Pansy.

"He put me on morphine because..." I felt dizzy as Jason helped me stand up. "Because he wants your money." Bruce looked at the doctor, raising an eyebrow. "And I told him not to touch me and then I punched him in the face."

"Jason, take her upstairs," Bruce sighed and looked at the doctor angrily. He was going to deny everything. Whatever.