Chapter 7 ~ A night out

"Y-yes Mistah J?" Harley said quietly. I ignored them both as I entered, heading straight for my jumpsuit and face paint. The Joker stopped yelling about whatever it was he was upset about and stared at me as I entered.

"Aren't you going to ask her how her first day was?" He said jokingly with a noticeable hint of anger to his voice. Harley remained silent. He lifted his hand as if he were about to smack her across the face. "Aren't you?!"

"H-how was school, Trixie?" She said as she ducked and protected her head with her thin little arms. The Joker lowered his hand slowly. I ignored her question and suited up quickly into my black jumpsuit, smudging white face paint, red lipstick, and black eye shadow on my face.

"I'm going out," I said as I ripped the headband out of my hair and began putting it in it's usual braid.

"Any information you'd like to share?" Joker asked impatiently.

"I've found something I might possibly be able to use as bait to lure out Bat-brain and the boy blunder, and if the robin does go to my school if I can do it during school hours that would probably help me in finding out who he is. But so far I have not located Robin." I reported as I zipped up my jumpsuit and added a few fire crackers, a lighter, and cigarettes in my pocket. "I'm off to go have some fun. Don't wait up," I added jokingly as I made my way out the door. As if they would give my late returning another thought. I didn't have a curfew.

On my way past the rooftops of the southern half of the city, I heard the noise of someone being forcefully slammed into a building--a noise I had become familiar to over the years.

"THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO!" I heard someone scream. Oh, a night out and a show. I stopped running along the rooftops to get a look at what was going on. A familiar red head shouted as she lifted her hand and plants ripped from the ground immediately following her movement, crawling up the man she'd shoved into the building. He looked terribly frightened and started mumbling nervously when the vines that had magically crawled up him wrapped around him so tightly he couldn't move.

That was Poison Ivy's daughter; Lila Isley. She was just as obsessed with plants as her mother, so the unnecessary shouts coming from her were probably because the man she was holding hostage had done something to offend her by doing something disrespectful to the plants around him. I smirked and made my way down to where Lila was.

"What'd he do? Kick a dandelion?" I laughed. Laughing wasn't unnatural when I was wearing my make up and out of the warehouse.

"This isn't a joke! He threw his cigarette on my flowers." She said angrily and tightened her vine grip around him. Lila called every plant 'her' plant, she considered her mother to be mother earth and herself to be something along the lines of that. The man was having trouble breathing at this point. Lila was a friend of mine, she went to school as well--but on the southern side, she went to Gotham High. Though she was smart enough to go to the Academy, Ivy had taught her everything she needed to know and more. Lila was okay, she was just plant crazy. I guess she was what I considered my best friend, my only friend really. I didn't mind living on my own though, at least I wasn't bothered by morons.

I watched as she continued to tightened her grip around him. Finally when the man looked as if he was about to burst she let him fall to the ground. Thats when she took a step forward, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and lifted him up against the wall.

"Don't ever harm my babies again. I fight for the plants." She whispered and then dropped him. "Now get out of my sight." Lila could be pretty threatening when it came to plants. When she was in costume, not a thing she wore wasn't green, even the high heels she was wearing were green. It didn't look that bad on her, really. Though when she wasn't in costume most of what she wore was green anyway. Her hair was brilliantly red like her mother's, she really did look like Ivy.

"Where's your mum? Still in Arkham?" I said as we started walking towards the exit of the alley. When Poison Ivy was in Arkham--which seemed to be more often than not--Lila lived with her father, a professer who worked at star labs. Of course he didn't know of her nightly activities... if he did he might report her. He wasn't even aware she had powers, if he suspected it he'd probably run a whole bunch of tests on her and find chloroplast in her instead of blood or something. Her parents had met when Ivy was just known as Pamela Isley, Lila was conceived after Ivy's transformation to Poison Ivy, that's why she had her mother's powers. But when her father found out what Ivy really was he didn't want anything to do with her.

"Yes," Lila said reluctantly. Her red hair was messily woven with strong green vines--this was her casual attire as she was in costume as Lady Toxic. "I wish I could live with her instead of my father."

"Just kill him and get it over with," I smiled. I was only half-joking. "I can help."

"And then where would I live? With you, Harley, and Joker? Pass." She rolled her eyes. Ivy and the Joker didn't particularly get along, so it only made sense Ivy's little copy didn't either. "Besides the Joker is weird..." By weird I knew she meant he was frightening, but she was too proud to admit it.

"You almost killed a guy because he threw a cigarette in a pile of grass, and he's weird?"

"Point taken..." She said sarcastically.

"I haven't seen you in a while."

"My dad's been keeping a close eye on me. He thinks I'm studying now."

"I don't think I asked where you've been... but you could tell me that as well." I shrugged. Lila gave me an unimpressed look as if my comment wasn't necessary. Well it was true...

"What are we doing tonight?"

"'We'?" I repeated unbelievingly. Well Lila wasn't too much of a drag, I was just looking forward to a night by myself. When she wasn't plant crazy she could be fun... Eh why not? "I didn't have the time to get things that caused too much damage," I showed her my fire crackers and cigarettes. She didn't smoke, though. "But fire crackers are pretty fun to throw at people."

"If you throw those cigarettes on my babies we're going to have a problem." She warned. As if she could take me in a fight.

We both made our way to the rooftop of the building, running along rooftops was a quicker way of getting places. I was going to head towards the part in Gotham with the most stores, the most crowds, and the most citizens capable of fearing me. I was sick of today, no one looked at me as they should have--no one looked at me with fear in their eyes as if at any moment I would freak out and kill them. I was pretty good at killing people.

"Look." Lila said with angered eyes as she stopped running with me. I cartwheeled my way over to her to see what she was glaring at. We were deeper into the city now, where the people were. Lights were all around us from open shops, cars with obnoxiously horn-friendly drivers, and even the bat signal was in use tonight. Thousands of people were strutting their way down the street, even in the dark of the night. Where was Harley at a time like this? She may have been an imcompetent fool, but she did know how to attract a crowd and have some fun. But then again, so did Lila and I.

"What exactly am I looking at?" I scanned the city below us. They didn't notice us, but then again they weren't trained to search in the dark. We weren't exactly as easy to spot as Waldo.

"The mayor. He cut down some of the natural beauty of Gotham. The city park and a lot of my little beauties are dead because of him. Fat bastard." She spat in his general direction. The mayor was rather thick, he was more shaped like a circle with stumpy arms and legs sticking out of him and a round head, than an actual human. The mayor was holding a large cliche pair of scissors about to cut a ribbon that was tied in front of a large opening of a grand, glass building. That's why there were so many people out tonight, they were crowding around him in a tremendous audience that was still growing.

"Batman and Robin are probably somewhere around here." I noted and then smiled. "Let's have some fun."