Chapter 22 ~ The truth about Trixie Anastasia Quinn

Lila decided to head home, she was actually going to attend school tomorrow. I decided to take the long way home, just walking. I wasn't tired enough to sleep and I didn't want to sleep away my rage, so I decided to stay awake. I would attempt to break into Arkam when Jason was in school tomorrow. So I travelled around the city.

For once, I wasn't approached. No pimp tried to attack me, no vigilante approached me, I didn't attract attention to myself. It felt nice. For almost eight hours I just walked, stole a few things to eat from a ratty convient store, and held onto my anger.

Finally the sun began to rise, and I knew it was time for me to head to Arkham. I had plenty of fire crackers with me, I had my own knife, and a few cigarettes for the walk there. I didn't bother to walk through the northern part of the city, that would attract too much attention in the daylight, so I climbed up the fire escape of one of the buildings I passed and jumped across the rooftops. Still I didn't go through the northern half, I went around it. It took a good amount of time, but by then school had started and I could get to work.

I had seen the asylum before when Harley took me to distract the gaurds while she busted Mister J out when I was younger. It was not a place easily forgotten, it was also not going to be easy to bust my parents out. They were too ruthless to be easily accessed, the Joker was probably in chains in the hardest room to get to in the asylum. But I had my skill, my fire crackers, and my nifty little knife.

I crept past the gate leading to the dreary asylum and made my way to the side of the building without being seen. Now it was my time to shine, to prove what I was worth.

I took out a handful of my special fire crackers and lit them, waited a second, and then threw them at the concrete wall of the Arkham Asylum. The explosion made a small hole in the concrete, but the cracks created around the hole meant I could break through. I didn't have much time at all now, my new obstacles wouldn't just be walls it would also be the security gaurds and probably the Batman. I ran down the halls, this place was so unfamiliar to me.

It wasn't long before I heard the sound of a gunshot and the sudden explosion of the bricks in the wall next to me. I had just been shot at, but it had hit the wall rather than my body. I whipped around to see several security gaurds running towards me, pointing their weapons in my direction. I needed some sort of cover... smoke from my fire crackers would do.

I lit another handful of my fire crackers and threw them towards the gaurds, not aiming to hit them, just hoping to miss them and fill the hallway with smoke. It worked, as soon as I'd thrown them the guards ducked and headed back, just avoiding getting hit. The explosion was loud and filled the entire hallway with a thick cloud of smoke. I ran in the opposite direction, coughing. Now I was reaching where the inmates were. It was a long hallway filled with metal doors, each door had a barred window that showed the inmates in their padded cells.

"Is that you, hun?" I heard an obnoxious squeaky shout from one of the rooms. So I'd found Harley. If I was near the Joker I probably would have heard him laughing, he must have been in a different wing of the building. "Hey Trixie I'm in here! I knew you wouldn't mess this up, kiddo!" Knowing Harley she was probably jumping up and down in excitement. If she only knew I was here for the Joker, if it was just her here I wouldn't have bothered.

"Yes, Harley, I can hear you." I shouted, annoyed. Maybe I should just leave her here. I ran to the room I thought I heard Harley in, and was disappointed when I actually saw her in there. The make up had been washed off of her face and she was in a plan blue outfit, laying upside down on her bed. She jumped up when she saw me.

"Yay!"

"Harley, back up." I snapped, she did as told and I lit the fire crackers that took the metal door locking her in there off of it's hinges. Harley came running out, coughing, and hugged me tightly. "Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't touch me!" I said all too quickly. She let go of me and twirled around joyfully. "Do you know where Mister J is?"