9

After my abrupt exit from Harry's room I headed straight for Shoe's office seeming as he'd made an appointment for us to talk anyway, something that was seeming to become a frequent thing.

It didn't take me long to get there, the halls of this place becoming easier to navigate with each passing day. When I arrive at his office door I knock a few times, and seconds later he tells me I can come in.

When I open the door the first thing I see is the gray haired man scribbling down something on a piece of paper, and once I sit down on the chair across from him he puts down his pen and leans back in his seat, "good morning Luna, Jared told me that you shared the other day, I have relayed your progress to your parents and they are very happy with it."

I almost roll my eyes at the fact that he contacted them, but stop myself. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my parents. They brought me into this world and all, but other than that they really didn't do shit. My nanny, Yolanda, did way more for me than the two of them combined. Sure, we'd have family dinners during the week where I'd talk about school and they about work, but then on Friday I practically didn't see them again until Sunday night, the both of them out and about with their business friends doing who the hell knows what.

"When you talk to them next can you ask them what they're telling people?" I pause, thinking of a possibility. "I bet they're saying I'm in Taiwan studying the culture there, or some bullshit."

Shoe sighs, "they do love you Luna, you know that right?"

"They love me because they're obligated to, nothing more than that. I'm pretty sure my father loves his nine iron more than he loves me."

"I'm sure that's not true."

"Ask his golfing buddies and I'm sure you'll get a different answer."

"This seems like a deeper topic for you so we'll talk about it another day seeming as I have something else I wish to discuss." I just shrug when he says that and he continues, "in group session I want you to actually talk about your addiction, how it's effected your life or changed you. I know it can be difficult, but like I said the other day you don't have to say much. Just say a few things and then you'll be done, and I'm sure after you'll be feeling very relieved."

"Is that it?" I ask.

"Yes, you are free to go now, I have another patient coming in soon." He gives me a nod, and I don't hesitate to get up from the chair and leave his office.

There's about an hour until group session so I decide to go back to my room, hell looking very inviting when I arrive there and open the door before crossing the room and practically jump on my bed.

I don't even notice Miranda's presence until I turn my head on the pillow and see her over on her bed writing something down on a piece of paper. "That your diary?" I ask her.

She looks at me briefly before continuing to write, "no."

I decide not to ask her anything else because it just honestly doesn't interest me. So instead I close my eyes and clear my thoughts, allowing myself to drift to sleep.

I must have been asleep for barely even five minutes when there's knocking at the room door, and I groggily groan, not even opening my eyes to see who it is because by the sound of Miranda's bed she already is.

"Is Luna here?" The rasped voice of none other than Harry asks.

Miranda doesn't say anything back, the creak of the door letting me know that she's just letting him in to see for himself. The end of my bed dips down seconds later as he sits on it.

"Luna, I can tell you're awake." He says.

"What do you want?" I ask, still not opening my eyes.

"To apologize for kicking you out, I know it's stupid but when Connor brought that topic up I kind of believed him for a second. Which is ridiculous because I know the bastard he is and I shouldn't listen to a word he says."

Once he finishes I open my eyes and sit up on the bed, finding the curly haired idiot looking at me with caution.

"It's okay, don't go all soft on me." I laugh, brushing off the situation like its nothing, which it kind of is.

He smiles, "okay, good."

There's a brief moment of silence and I look up at the clock to see an hour has almost passed since I left Shoe's office. "See you in group session?"

He nods quickly, "yeah, of course."

When he leaves I think of my comment about him going soft, but then I think that he may be the one making me become soft.

-

Harry look what you've done to her (get it???) (lol I hate myself)

and I'm updating on January 12th so happy birthday to the loml Zayn Malik, I've loved you since 2012 and will never stop :)

goal: 400 votes and 200 comments

who's your favorite character from any movie/show ever?

mine is Dexter Morgan from Dexter

instagram & twitter: @heswriting

don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-jo