6

try to comment on this chapter 5 times :)

-

Waiting in a doctor's office isn't exactly the most enticing thing, especially when he controls when you get to leave a rehab center which you prefer to call hell.

When the door opens and Shoe walks in I watch as the gray haired man sits down at his desk before placing his hands on the surface of it. His dark eyes stare into mine before he raises an eyebrow, "you aren't talking in group session."

"I'm aware." I say, almost challenging him as I cross my arms over my chest.

He sighs before continuing, "a part of your plea deal was to come here, but our end is that you must complete some of the rehabilitation requirements, one of them being that you participate in group sessions."

"So how many words do I have to say? A five hundred word essay on why I'm in here and how I plan on fixing myself? Because quite frankly I'm not going to bullshit in some group session to people who don't even know me anyways. It's pointless." Im almost livid, the words slipping from me with no regret afterwards.

"Thank you for your honesty, but sharing doesn't just have to be about your struggle as an addict. Hell, you can tell a story about your first pet for all I care. All I'm asking you to do is to share something about yourself, even if it's the smallest thing just say it and we can begin to make real progress."

"Fine." Is all I say, knowing that I have to do this in order to get out of here and back to my life.

He smiles with satisfaction before nodding, "thank you. Now go to group session and do what we just spoke about, I expect to hear good things back from Jared." He waves me off before turning his attention to a large stack of papers.

I get up from the cushioned seat and exit his office, walking further down the hall before getting to the already filled with addicted teens group session room. I quickly sit at a vacant seat as some girl is talking about her addiction to mouth wash, and I already feel agitated.

"Luna, thank you for joining us. Do you have anything to share with us today?" Jared asks once the girl is finished, and I almost tell him no before remembering what Shoe told me.

"I had a dog once, his name was Sam. On my sixth birthday we found out he had cancer, and three weeks later he died from it. He was my first pet, and I haven't had another one since then." I take a breath, sitting back in my seat to let him know I'm done.

Jared nods a few times, "thank you for finally sharing Luna, we truly appreciate it, and may Sam rest in peace."

After he stops speaking everyone begins murmuring of Sam and repeating Jared's words. It's strange that all of them feel the need to console me of something that no longer effects me, and I feel uncomfortable to say the least.

I thank the f.uck out of god when they stop and Jared moves onto his next victim, leaning into my chair as I prepare for the rest of group session.

After a few minutes of sitting there completely bored I actually listen when Harry begins to speak, his rasped voice filling the room as he begins to share.

"At twelve I lost my best my friend to cancer, as you all know it was leukemia, and I guess that's what really f.ucked me up. I mean, losing someone that close to you at such a young age makes you think the universe hates you, and so I've hated it back for so long until coming here. I guess this placed fixed me, and I'm really grateful for that."

I watch as he finishes and thanks everyone as they give him their condolences.

How is he so good at this?