19

The next morning Harry walked into the cafeteria with Niall by his side, the two of them laughing as they sat down at the table, Harry next to me as the new Irish boy sat across from us.

"Morning Luna." Harry said to me with a boyish grin.

"Good morning, you seem super happy." I point out.

"Actually I just pulled an all nighter and feel as if I'm high as a kite, which I'm actually not which is quite interesting because I'm in here for using the illegal substance known as marijuana!" Harry says loudly, bursting out laughing while Niall and I are silent.

"He's a lunatic, I didn't actually think he'd stay up all night." Niall shakes his head in disbelief.

"You dared him to do this?" I ask.

"Well, after he made me run up and down the hall with my bare ass out, I thought it'd be funny if I told him to stay awake for forty-eight hours straight."

"There's no way he can stay awake from two days." I say, Harry already looking like he's about to fall asleep at any moment.

At that Harry moves his face closer to mine, squinting his eyes at me, "there is nothing I can't do."

I laugh, "okay, you have fun with that."

"So I know we have mandatory group session at eleven but what do we do after that?" Niall asks.

"There's a game area where you can play pool, shuffleboard, stuff like that, or you can go in the little movie theatre room and watch a movie, or just go back to your room." I say, just now realizing I've never actually done any of the fun activities they have here.

Harry winks at me, "Or you could just come in the shower room and-"

I cut him off, "take a shower like a normal person."

Harry grins at me but I glare at him, Niall doesn't need to know about how we've smoked in this facility on his first day here, at least not yet.

"Good to know, I think I might go take one before group session starts, can you tell me where they're at?"

I give him instructions on how to get to the showers then send him on his way, left with a Harry who lacks sleep and can barely keep his eyes open.

"I don't think I'm going to be able to do this." He says groggily, rubbing his eyes with vigor.

"Maybe you shouldn't take up dares you can't handle." I tease.

Harry takes his hands away from his face before looking at me, grinning slightly, "I guess you're right."

"I'm always right." I say quietly, not really meaning it but not sure what else to say.

Harry stays silent for a few moments, staring off before turning his attention back to me, "when we get out of here I want to take you out to this park I always used to go to with my family, it's sort of like outdoor area here but way more vast and we aren't locked in."

"That sounds like a good plan." I think for a moment, "don't you get out here before me?"

"Just a few days but if you want I can be bad and earn myself an extra stays here so we leave at the same time." He suggests, as if it wouldn't bother him.

"Don't you want to get out of here as soon as you possibly can?" I ask, knowing I most definitely do.

"I don't really have much I want to go back to outside of here."

I frown, "what do you mean?"

"My parents paid for me to be here and all but they don't like me for what I did and never really have, they were always about my sister, not so much me. I was their failure and she's their pride and joy, that's just how my life's been since I can remember."

"I don't understand how they couldn't love you, everyone has their faults, they need to accept that."

"I don't know, it's just like the whole world is against me, and when I leave here I don't know if there's any use in fighting anymore."

I reach out and place my hand on his arm, "I've felt like that for a long time until I came here, this is a fresh start , and I think I didn't even realize that I want one until right now."

"Hey guys." Our heads turns to find Niall with wet hair as he looks down at his watch, "five minutes to eleven."

"Thanks for the time update." Harry says before standing, holding out his hand before helping me get up from the table as well.

"You're such a gentleman Harry." Niall says.

"Oh shut it."

"You two have a cute bromance." I point out.

"We know." They say in unison.

-

Group session went like it normally did, just a bunch of bullshit I had no interest in listening to, atleast until it came to Niall, the newest person to share.

He talked about how he'd been an alcoholic for the past three years, something he learned from his father as he watched him full out drunk every night of his life.

Niall is only eighteen and he has his stomach pumped more times than he could count, his drinking habit still not stopping until his mother put him in this facility.

"So yeah, I guess I'm just here to get better." Is how he ended his share, and you could really tell he meant it.

After group session wrapped up Harry and I walked back to his room, not feeling like doing anything else. Niall had stayed behind to talk to Jared, wanting a tour of the facility.

Harry sat down on his bed as I laid across it, taking up almost it's entirety as he was barely on the edge.

"How do you get to come into my room and do this?" He asks.

"I'm a guest," I say.

Harry turns his head so he can look at me, "you suck."

"That's not very nice, you're supposed to be polite to your guests."

"Is this polite?" He asks, and before I know it he's turned around and straight up tickling me, no joke.

"Stop, stop!" I yell as giggles leave my mouth, Harry attacking the sides of my stomach with no mercy.

"Say you're sorry for taking up my whole bed." He orders, clearly not planning on stopping his full onslaught until I say it.

I can barely breathe but attempt to speak, "I'm sorry for taking up your whole bed." I somehow manage to say, and finally Harry backs off, a smug smile on his face.

"I hate you." I say, still trying to even my breathing.

"Thanks." He says before walking over to the bedside table next to his bed and leaning against it.

"So, in that drawer do you have some other secret artwork?" I ask, curiosity taking over me.

"Yeah, but I'm not exactly ready to share it with the world yet." Harry says.

"You could share it with me, I give very good criticism."

He smiles, "maybe one day."

I lay sideways on his bed, putting my palm under my cheek to support me, "draw me like one of your French girls, Harry."

He laughs before opening the bedside table's drawer, pulling out a notebook and pencil before sitting down on the bed across from me, crossing one leg over the other as he looks at me before beginning to draw, "no moving." He says.

"Trust me, I won't."

-
they're cute

goal: 1k votes and 400 comments

my a.n is boring so im gonna start putting puns, so here we go:

the person who invented the door knock won the no-bell prize.

instagram & twitter: @heswriting

don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-jo