Something Only I Know - Chapter 3

Heyy guys sorry it's late I had a writer's block. I would like to dedicate this chapter to my best friend for his birthday, so Happy Birthday Cameron :) thank you everyone Vote and enjoy :) xx

Chapter 3

I cried for a good two hours before my eyes began to get dry. I kept trying to blink back sleep away. Another encounter with him was out of the question. Even if it was just a dream, it was still a replay of reality and I wanted so badly to forget it happened.

Jess had gone back to sleep an hour ago. I couldn't blame her really. My eyelids were beginning to droop. Never a good sign after a nightmare. All my attempts at consciousness seemed feeble now as sleep reached out an arm and embraced me.

I heard the front door close. Mum was back.

I cried for a good two hours before my eyes began to get dry. I kept trying to blink back sleep away. Another encounter with him was out of the question. Even if it was just a dream, it was still a replay of reality and I wanted so badly to forget it happened.

Jess had gone back to sleep an hour ago. I couldn't blame her really. My eyelids were beginning to droop. Never a good sign after a nightmare. All my attempts at consciousness seemed feeble now as sleep reached out an arm and embraced me.

I heard the front door close. Mum was back. She probably didn't know I was home. I was supposed to be at Jess' house celebrating her dad's birthday. They were having a barbeque and had invited me. Her parents were like a second set of parents to me and I loved them. Unfortunately, Jess' grandparents decided to make a surprise visit for their son's birthday, which meant I had to go home. Jess' grandparents didn't like anyone who was not a relative so whenever they were round you made yourself scarce, which I did, meaning I ended up in my room doing my,oh so fun, homework. I didn't bother letting my mum know I was in. I didn't think it necessary, so I just carried on with my homework.

After 10 more minutes, I had decided to take a break and get some water when I heard shouting from downstairs. I could distinguish my mum's voice but there were 2 unfamiliar voices too. Creeping out of my room, I could start to make out part of the conversation.

"Look, I know the truth so just admit it!" a woman screeched.

"I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about and you need to leave now" my mum answered.

"Don't play dumb with me! I am not leaving until you admit the truth, that you had an affair with my husband!"

This made me freeze. Was my mum really having an affair? I thought she loved my dad. I was so confused.

My thoughts were interrupted by a male voice answering, "Hone, just drop it okay?"

"No I will not drop it!" she said as she began to cry. "Why cant you just be a man and admit it? I saw you both. I've seen what you have done together."

"Fine" my mum screamed. "Yes we slept together. Yes we had... no still ARE having an affair and guess what! WE ARE LEAVING. LEAVING TO BE TOGETHER! HE LOVES ME, NOW GET OVER YOURSELF AND. GET.OUT. MY. HOUSE!"

I stood still. She's leaving? I can't believe she is leaving us! My eyes started to blur at the thought of her leaving.

"I-I-Is that true?" the new woman asked.

"I'm sorry, truly I am but yes it is true. We love each other and I cannot be with you when I feel like this about someone else. I'm sorry."

"You're leaving me for a slut!?!?"

"SHE. IS. NOT. A. SLUT." the man spat. I was grateful that he was sticking up for my mum like that but I hated him too. He was taking my mother away from me!