Something Only I Know - Chapter 4

Heyy guys new chapter please enjoy :) and comment/ vote/ criticise cheers xxx

Chapter 4

My blood turned to ice as my mind began to race. Confusion and fear clouded my mind making me light-headed and dizzy. Unable to hold me any longer, my legs buckled causing me to hit my head on the corner of the open locker. Stars appeared on my vision. I blinked, trying to clear them from my sight, when a pair of feet entered my blurred vision.

"Chrissie? Are you ok? What happened?" I heard Chris' familiar voice ask, thick with worry.

"Chrissie?"

Her voice made chills pass over my body, covering my skin in goosebumps. The voice was laced with shock and confusion. I hadn't heard her voice since the day she left.

"Mum" I replied in a cold, lifeless tone. I never wanted to see her again and yet fate seemed to want to curse me for being happy with my life. Want to take that happiness away all at once.

My head still felt a bit fuzzy but I needed to confront her. Why was she back here? I didn't understand but I needed answers. I couldn't get answers for what happened last night and I wasn't going to let that happen again, so I began to rise to my feet. Chris grabbed my elbow helping me up and then gripped my hips as I began to sway from the dizziness swimming round my head.

"Is she okay?" my mum asked.

"AM I OKAY?" I screeched spinning round violently, causing pain to shhot through my head. I groaned but managed to keep my balance. "HOW DARE YOU ASK THAT YOU LEFT REMEMBER? SO HOW CAN YOU CARE IF I AM OKAY? YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T CARE THEN AND YOU CERTAINLY DON'T NOW!" I began to pant heavily as I stopped my outburst surprised at my harsh tone.

Pain flitted through her deep blue eyes but was soon replaced by anger.

"Do you really think I left because I didn't care Chrissie?" she spat. I glanced at Chris as he awkwardly slipped out the door, closing it behind him so that the customers didn't hear our argument.

"Mum" I sighed. "Just stop lying you left because you wanted to go with Greg I'm n_"

"How did you know Greg's name?" she asked me horrified.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"How did you know his name? I never told anyone his name. So how did you know?"

"I-I-I" Not knowing what to say I just stuttered. I didn't want her to know that I knew what she had done. I didn't know what she would do if she knew I knew what she had done. I mean Trudy was only trying to keep her husband and look what happened to her. I shuddered at the memory.

My mother gave me a questioning look but when I tried to avoid her gaze she gasped. I glanced at her from behing my hair that had fallen over my face and I saw fear cloud her eyes.

"Chrissie? Were you at the house the night I left?" she whispered.

My throat tightened and became dry. I didn't know if I could make any sound to reply, so I just nodded sheepishly. Tears began to streak down my face as mum fell on her knees and buried her head in her hands, her body shaking slightly from the sobs that escaped from her chest.

"I am so sorry Chrissie" she cried, slowly reaching her hand out towards me.

"NO!" I screamed. "Don't touch me. Why do you think I didn't try to contact you for the past 4 years or why I was fine it being just me and Dad huh? Because I didn't want to find you. You repulse me! Trudy was just trying to keep her husband, who you were insisting on running away to the sunset with! How am I supposed to trust you at all when I saw what you did without a good reason!"