Chapter 8

Chapter 8

My sobs rang through the still air as I squeezed my eyes shut in hope of blinking my attacker away. Heavy breaths escaped my lips while I prayed for him to dissappear.

A sudden hand on my arm flung my eyes open. My eyes landed on a pair of kind, gentle... green eyes? He had grey eyes, not green.

"Chrissie? Chrissie! What happened? Why did you scream?" Emily's frantic voice was yelling.

"H-h-how c-c-could you?" I stammered, flinging her hands off me. "I-I-I t-trusted you!" I sobbed.

"What are you talking about? You can trust me!"

"Yeah? If I can trust you so much why did you contact him and tell him where I was so he could come and attack me?" I yelled, anger taking over my shocked state.

"Chrissie, no one else has been here it is just you and me. I would never tell him where you were, why would I?"

"B-but he was here. He tried to... do it again!"

"No, Chrissie. He wasn't here I promise. You've just been through a lot in the last couple of days and I think all the trauma is getting to you. Your fear of him coming to get you probably made you see that. Come on" she soothed pulling me up and putting an arm round me. "Let's find you some clothes and some soup to warm you up and then you can text Jess and see if it is safe for you to go home, I'm sure you could use your Dad right now, am I right?"

I nodded my head and let her lead me into her bedroom, where she searched her wardrobe for something that I could wear. She pulled out a short denim skirt and a pink tank top.

"Is this ok?" she asked.

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful but do you have anything that would cover most my skin, I don't want to be looked at by anyone." I flinched as memories flodded my mind.

"Crap! Of course I do I should have thought. Here take these" she said, handing me a Harry Potter hoodie and a pair of tacksuit bottoms. "You look the same size so they should fit you" Emily smiled kindly at me.

"Thank you. They will be fine and you really do love Harry Potter don't you?" I laughed. "I will give them back to after I've washed them."

"Yeah I do" she chuckled giving me a sheepish grin, "and don't worry about giving them back I have plenty of them"

"Why am I not suprised" I muttered, mostly to myself but Emily managed to hear and just laughed to herself.

Emily left so that I could change and, considering it only took me a minute to get changed, I decided to ring Jess to see if it was safe for me to go home.

As the dial tone sounded, I picked up a towel and started to dry my wet hair so I wouldn't catch a chill. Jess picked up almost instantly.

"Chrissie! Thank god are you ok? What's happened? Are you coming back? Chrissie speak to me!" Jess shrieked.

"Woah Jess, calm down! I would speak if you gave me the chance to" I laughed.

"Sorry, I was just so worried and I hadn't heard form you since last night and I didn't know if Emily had beat you up or something" Jess replied.

"Beat me up, seriously Jess? I thought you were more intuitive then that and to answer your other questions, I am fine; I will tell you when I get back and I was ringing to see if they had gone yet."

"Well when you get me so worried my intuitiveness goes out the window and I am so glad you are ok. They left last night and your Mum said they won't come back until you say it's ok, she left her number here for you so you can call her when you are ready. Does that mean you are coming back today?" she asked.