four | phantom traveler

After leaving the motel room and getting herself some coffee and a bagel to start off her day, Katherine entered the motel room she was sharing with her brothers, just as Dean's phone started to ring

While Dean picked up his phone and stared at it before he looked at Sam, Katherine slowly looked between her two brothers as she went to a chair in the room and sat on it.

Just as she sat on the chair, Dean flipped open his phone and said, "Hello?"

As Katherine started to drink her coffee, a man on the phone said to Dean, "Dean, it's, uh, it's Jerry Panowski. You, Katherine, and your dad helped me out a couple years back."

Dean nodded to himself as he said, "Oh, right, yeah, up in, uh, Kitanning, Pennsylvania. The poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?"

Jerry replied, "No. No. Thank God, no. But it's something else, and, uh, well I think it could be a lot worse."

Dean asked him, "What is it?"

Jerry asked him, "Can we talk in person?"

While Dean and Sam immediately shared a look with each other, Katherine only sighed to herself before she took a bite out of her bagel.

* * *

Jerry said as the three siblings walked through the workplace with him, "Thanks for making the trip so quick. I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean, Katherine and your dad really helped me out."

Sam replied, "Yeah, they told me. It was a poltergeist?"

A nearby worker said, "Poltergeist? Man, I loved that movie."

Katherine only chuckled to herself as Jerry said to the worker, "Hey, nobody's talking to you. Keep walking."

As Katherine shook her head to herself, Jerry said to Sam, "Damn right it was a poltergeist— practically tore our house apart." Then he glanced over at Dean as he said, "Tell you something— if it wasn't for you, your sister and your dad, I probably wouldn't be alive."

As they made a left turn and started to walk towards Jerry's office, Jerry said to Sam, "Your dad said you were off at college. Is that right?"

Sam replied, "Yeah, I was. I'm... taking some time off."

Jerry told him, "Well, he was real proud of you. I could tell. He talked about you all the time."

Sam asked Jerry, "He did?"

Jerry replied, "Yeah, you bet he did." Then he turned to Dean and Katherine and said to them, "Oh, hey, you know, I tried to get ahold of him, but I couldn't. How's he doing, anyway?"

Dean told him, "He's, um, wrapped up in a job right now."

Katherine only raised her eyebrows and quietly said to herself, while Jerry said, "Well we're missing the old man. We get Sam. Even trade, huh?"