ten | asylum

As Dean looked through their father's journal and Katherine started to sharpen the blade to her pocketknife, Sam said into the phone, "No, Dad was in California last we heard from him

As Dean looked through their father's journal and Katherine started to sharpen the blade to her pocketknife, Sam said into the phone, "No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought if he comes to you for munitions, maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just call us if you hear anything, thanks."

Dean asked him, "Caleb hasn't heard from him?"

Sam replied, "Nope. Neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Any leads in there?"

With a shake of his head, Dean said, "No. Same last time I looked. Nothing I can make out." After he chuckled to himself, he said, "I love the guy, but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."

Sam said to them, "You know, maybe we should call the feds, file a missing person's."

While Katherine rolled her eyes and scoffed to herself in response, Dean told him, "We've talked about this. Dad would be pissed if we put the feds on his tail."

Sam replied, "I don't care anymore." Just as a phone started to ring, Sam said, "After all that happened back in Kansas— I mean, he should have been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing."

As he looked through a pair of jeans, Dean said, "I know. The hell is my cell phone?"

While Katherine only sighed to herself in response, Sam said to them, "You know, he could be dead for all we know."

Dean quickly looked over at him and said, "Don't say that. He's not dead. He's- He's—"

Sam asked him, "He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"

After Dean flipped open his phone, he remained silent for a couple of seconds before he scoffed to himself and said, "I don't believe it."

While Katherine looked away from her pocket knife and over at Dean with her tilted to the side, Sam asked him, "What?"

After he sat down beside Sam, Dean told him, "It's a— a text message. It's coordinates."

* * *

While Dean typed away on a laptop, Sam asked him, "You think Dad was texting us?"

Dean replied, "He's given us coordinates before."

Sam said to him, "The man can barely work a toaster, Dean."

While Katherine did nothing but raise her eyebrows in response, Dean said to him, "Sam, this is good news. It means he's okay— or alive."

Sam asked him, "Was there a number on the caller I.D.?"

Dean told him, "No, it said 'unknown'."

Sam replied, "Okay, well, where do the coordinates point?"

Dean said to him, "That's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois."

Sam asked him, "Okay, and that's interesting how?"