Chapter 4

"I promise." I tell Ellie.
She pulls back and sniffles. It's obvious she's been crying
"So" I ask Ellie "how much money did we get?"
"Umm let me check, with everything that's happened I just grabbed the money the lady ga-" I see the amazement in her eyes. She looks up at me in shock. I give her a look that says 'Ellie, your scaring me what's wrong?'

She pulls out a stack of cash, while staring at it.

"Wha-at" Ellie begins to whisper

I feel a shiver run up my body and I shake with excitement. I can't believe what I'm seeing.

"How much is this?" I scream at her. Before I could grab it out of her hands she pulled it back.

"Look we need to return this money, we can't just take it and keep it, so DO NOT get any ideas, okay sky. Nod if you understand." I can't help but think that Ellie thinks I'm a child, and chuckle.

"Ellie, have I taught you nothing? They won't notice because the 3 masked men took everything, there's nothing left. Plus it's not like we will be able to go back and get more money because they are repairing the bank. I told you to trust me, I need you to trust me." I stare at Ellie.

She slowly begins to hand me the money and it's then I realize that convincing her of things where just too easy.

1,000 5,000 30,000

I don't know how but we ended up with 40,000 dollars. I can't help but stare at the money in awe.

"40 thousand dollars. Ellie Im sorry in advance." I grab all the money that my hands can grasp and throw it up into the air. Midway I let go of the cash and see it fly. Slips of paper flutter from the ceiling to the floor and my happiness goes through the roof.

"You. did. not. just. do. that."

"Owe. yes. I. did" I speak back to Ellie.

We burst out into laughter. The rest of the evening was planning and plotting, but we didn't get very far because we where both extremely tired.

You would think I would feel sad and maybe depressed but let me tell you neither of these things described me. For the first time in a long time, I was happy. It even sounds funny. Now because of today, we can (hopefully) leave a lot sooner then we had planned. Me and Ellie got ready for bed in silence, because talking would require too much energy. Especially for Ellie.

After crawling into bed and exchanging 'goodnight' between Ellie and I, I couldn't help but think. It wasn't anything specific, I just couldn't clear my mind.
*************

"Police, open up!"

"Mhhhhhgg Ellie shut up I'm trying to sleep!"

Bang, bang, bang

"Ellie?" I say sitting up in bed, realizing that wasn't Ellie. I turn around to see the clock but the power was out. You could see the time that it went out flashing on the clock.

"Ellie, wake up" my body flung on top of her but I missed her and landed on the side of the bed where I proceeded to fall on the floor with a loud thump.

"What's going on?" Ellie immediately sat up in bed, looking around for me.

"Sky where are you?" She said looking around then finally found me as I was groaning on the floor.

"What happened?" Ellie scream whispered at me.

"Ugh, I'll explain that later police are at the door. what do we do?" I return the scream whisper

"What time is it?" She was not serious. she can't be. actually no I'm not suprised, I was kinda wondering that too.

"I DONT KNOW! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO ABOUT THE POLICE THAT ARE DOWNSTAIRS?" i scream at Ellie

"Answer it? They're probably here to talk about the burglery." Ellie reassures me

"Yea, your probably right. come with me."
I smile at Ellie and get up to rush downstairs.

Once we reach the end of the stairs I stay at the stairs, while Ellie walks around to the door. From what I can see there are many red and blue lights peaking out from the side of the the curtains.

I always try to seem confident and strong and brave, but if I'm being honest I'm scared like I'm about to enter the gates of hell. I duck down behind the wall and peek my head around the corner.

"Uggggh why are you here at 2 in the-"

Behind my sister, from what I can see, there at least 30 men pointing there guns at Ellie.

A hand slips over my mouth and on my stomache. My first reaction is to scream, so I do. It is now that I realize who this is.

Father.

My heart drops into my stomache and I bite his hand, wich made him let go.

"Help me!" I scream
I'm dragged into are kitchen and behind the island in the middle of our kitchen.

"She's useless! Run inside!" I hear somebody from outside yell. my father stands me up and puts my hand behind my back so that if he wanted to break it he could easily do so in one tug. My eyes begin to swell and the room begins to spin.

I knew I shouldn't have gone downstairs with Ellie to answer the doors.

Father puts a gun up to my head and whispers in my ear.

"You will do exactly as I say, you will say the maid drugged me wich made me forget everything from the past 15 years. you saw it yourself, with your own eyes. I have been the best father ever. the maid has been hitting you for years trying to make you keep her dirty little secret. I will kill you if you don't say all of these things."

It hurts to breath, my legs can hardly stand and he presses the gun harder to the side of my head. It's cold and hard. my heartbeat is going crazy.

Breath Sky, just breath. I take I deep breath, but tears come rolling down my cheeks.

He tightens my arm by pulling it up and I let out a yelp.

"Put your hands up, now" I hear the voice but it isn't fathers. My eyes blink quickly to clear the tears from my eyes. I make out an officer.

I remember I time where I was watching a show where this exact thing was happening. The bad guy had another person in his hands and had a gun up to his head. Father was sitting right next to me while writing down notes. I had always wondered what he was doing and until now I knew.

"I'll kill her, I'll kill all of you!" He screams with a scratchy voice.

I close my eyes and prepare for the worst. tears stream down my face and I feel as if if I'm standing in a box that's about to open up realeasing me into a deep pit.

"Dad, please!" I scream through muffled words. with my heart beating out of my chest I took a deep breath, and faced my fears.

Death.
It seems like a scary word
It is a scary word
And on any normal day I would think that all this is, is just a dream.

But it's not
It's real.

My whole body shakes as a gun goes off, I feel the world slow down. I'm released from my fathers grasp and my body falls to the floor.

Even though I'm on he floor the world around me is still happening. people begin to rush around me and get help. Everything begins to get blurry, but the last thing I see is my father slip out the back door and out of my life forever.

At least I hope.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Srry I haven't updated in like forever...😁

Yea, let me know if you have any suggestions on what I should put in the book!

✌️