Chapter11-The roof

{{== Sky ==}}

It's currently 12:52 and it's been a really long day. after getting back home we went shopping for cloths because I'm going to school.

It's currently summer break but in a few weeks I'll be slaving away in a prison. again. Jk its school, but you already knew that. I hope.

My feat ached and I was really tierd. Before I crawled into bed I changed into a baggy vineyard vines shirt with no pants. I set my alarm for 10 in the morning because I knew the only way I'll wake up anytime tomorrow is by an alarm.

The moon tonight is really bright. Just to the right of the moon I see a bright flash of light as it drags out across the sky. A little sparkle and shimmer all in a blink.

Then another one. And another. I walk to the window quietly and look at the screen. I unattached the wire film thing over the window after opening the window. Perfect.

I grabbed a blanket, pillow, scrapbook, and the stuffed bear that used to belong to Ellie. I layed down the blanket and sat up against the wall. looking through the scrapbook I found so many memories from when I was younger. sad memories.

What if one day I forget. Forget the sound of her voice. or the way she used to wake me up. or the way we would stick up for each other.

"Can I join you?" Matter stuck his head through the window.

"Yea" I whispered

He came on the roof and sat next to me.

"The sky's really pretty tonight. Eh?"

"Yea"

"So what happened today?" He asked nervously

I looked at him not aware that our faces Where only a couple inches apart.

Should I actually tell him? I've never shared my family's secrets with anybody other then Ellie. Maybe I shouldn't. No I should. It'll help me move on, even if I don't want to.

"In this scrapbook you'll see memories, and they're happy. you flip through theses pages and you see a family. I full whole family" I slowly flipped through the pages until I got to the back and found empty pages.

"And when you see these and you wonder what would fill them. you would see pictures of of a broken family. When I was born I was dropped on the doorstep of somebody's house. Nobody wanted me and my sister. Seven foster homes later, I found these people in the pictures." I turned to the beginning and pointed at mother and father.

"Everything was perfectly fine. We gave them our trust and we had theirs. My mother left and my father turned into an absolute monster." I looked up at the sky trying not to cry. I guess matter was reading my thoughts.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want" he said grabbing my hand.

Shocked I just looked at it for a few moments.

"No I need to. He began to hit us and scream at us and tell us that we where worthless. Eventually we started to believe it. We knew we needed to escape, so we came up with a plan. we would get enough money then buy a plane ticket out of town. While in the bank somebody tried to rob the place, but we got everybody to safty. When the police brought us home the cops thought my dad looked familiar. At three in the morning we heard a bang on the door. Ellie went to answer it and I stayed behind." Tears rolled down my cheek and I could feel my whole body shake. I'm scared to relive my own life.

"My dad grabbed me and pointed a gun to my head" he squeezed my hand tighter.

"Police shot and hit me instead of my father. The worst part isn't that I got shot, its that before I blacked out I saw him leave."

Tears boiled down my face.

"I'm so sorry." he looked me in the eye.

I leaned into him sobbing and he put his arm around me and rubbed my shoulder. It's the first night I've felt safe, like I have somebody I can truly talk to.

{{== Matter ==}}

My eyes drifted open and I realized I wasn't alone.

My hands where wrapped around sky, and she was holding one of them. I didn't want this moment to end but I knew that unless I wanted everyone in the house to start freaking out in the morning I had to move her. I took the time to savor the moment then quietly and silently picked her up.

Her hair looked really pretty hanging in the wind. I shuffled inside the room and gingerly laid her down, careful to place her head on the pillow. After wrapping the pillow around her I kissed her on the head, hoping she was actually asleep.

I fixed the window. and walked downstairs to my own bed.

Maybe I'll ask her to dinner. Just maybe.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Okay I don't know about you but I most definitely ship...

Comment what you think there ship name should be!

Updates coming soon!

✌️