In this life time or the next

'I was just-,' 'Save it Ms. Fraser you must come now, quickly we have a delicate matter to discuss and I fear certain portraits have looser tongues than some of the students who have graced these halls.' The old caretaker begrudgingly nodded his head in agreement to the headmaster's childish comment 'I would like to question as to why you're out of bed at such hour knowing there is a new threat among us, but I suppose I already know the answer to my question.' Albus heaves a haggard sigh 'Have you told Mr. Malfoy the news?' I decided to pick at my cuticles avoiding his gaze 'Yes Albus, he knows about the letters.' The old Groundsman peers down at me with curiosity 'I'd have thought you would have decided to tell him, Mr. Malfoy is rather fond of children despite how he was raised.'

I felt the need to question that statement but decided against it as we step in front of the gargoyle, memories of the winter holiday and his aunt's house fluttered around my head 'Portus.' We take the stairs leading to his office 'Before we go into my office you must keep a level head, Ms. Fraser, as I mentioned to you earlier this is a delicate matter at hand you must not lose yourself am I clear?' I rose a brow suspiciously eying the door 'You're not making any sense Albus.' He pats my shoulder as he pushes open the large door ushering me inside the large room I take a few steps inside taking a deep breath through my nose as I spot the back of my Transfigurations Professor hunched over on the couch holding a bundle in her arms 'Minnie?' She glances over the top of the couch with a tender smile 'Come Hazel, we've much to discuss.'

I slowly step around the couch cocking my head to the side as I hear a soft shuddered sigh emit from the bundle in her arms she glances at me over her spectacles. 'He's been sleeping for a few moments now, he's been a bit fussy but rightfully so I suppose.' I carefully seat myself a few inches away from her on the couch as she shifts, turning herself and the hidden creature in her arms toward me 'You see, Mr. Weasley came to me one night a little while after your mission for the Order, he woke me and said it was urgent, so I spoke with him and he told me you're not alright, he mentioned your pain Ms. Fraser.' I swallowed the lump in my throat as she takes a breath 'Well, he told me how you cried and screamed he mentioned everything you told him that night he found you in the corridor I myself couldn't of been so sure that he was being truthful given he and his twin brother's history with elaborate sob stories but after hearing it come from you it made sense when I put the pieces together over the years.' I take the tea and biscuits she offers me.

'Hazel I noticed your constant behaviour over Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley and your sister of course when you went off hunting for Horcruxes you were a disaster on the inside but you never once cracked oh and the strength and determination only a mother can possibly possess when you stayed behind to watch out for the younger years and hid them if needed.' I picked at my fingernails under the large sleeves of my jumper, hiding the tic as she continued to verbally vomit and make my heart race so utterly loud and deafening I swore I almost couldn't hear her 'And the motherly tone you had when you scolded the boys for almost getting themselves caught by Umbridge and your betrothed that night, the protective streak you hid so well from everyone else, tossing it up as concern and anxiety and not to mention, from what most of the Order members said you saved Sirius twice in one evening.' My eyes watered as she rattled on 'Aye, Fred found me curled up clutching a photograph or two after hours one night.' She gently uncovers the small creature's face, revealing a newborn babe 'He's rather beautiful Hazel.' My heart plummeted into my stomach as I took in his little face 'A fine young man in the future I'm sure of it, this took many months of planning but we timed the port key and my time turner just right, don't look so confused Ms. Fraser, you're a child of time so how could your son not be?' I cover my mouth stifling the sharp sob I let out as to not wake my blissfully unaware bairn cradled in my favourite Professors arms 'He's my adopted son, how can he be a time traveler too?' She smiles warmly while carefully shifting his small body in her arms she passes him off to me 'I don't see why not Ms. Fraser, he is after all yours.' I eagerly take him into my arms cradling his head with my hand as I press a small kiss against his forehead holding him against my chest while I dry my face letting out a pained breath 'I thought I'd never see you again my sweet little warrior.' He makes a lamb noise as he squirmed nuzzling closer to the shell of my neck as a small cry emits from his tiny body.