Chapter 9

Seth POV:

I take slow steps to my room as I think about the reaction of Dean when he sees my cousin. I hope he will try to understand Roman and get into him. It's important. And I know him well than anyone that he won't like to get help from others, but what can I do? I have no one to help me with this other than my cousin and friends.

I take a deep breath and give a weak smile to Roman before opening the door to reveal my love. I have no guts to see Dean in the eyes until he understands my intention, so I pat Roman's back and point the bed at him. "There he is!"

"Where?" He asks and makes me tense. He is willing to see him, but now he scares me and plays with me like Dean isn't there. He knows well that I will hate this tragedy if he plays into this.

I lift my head from the floor and look at the bed, finding it is empty. My heart pounds in my chest as I find my husband is not there. He has gone and left me again in this hell. I don't know where I can search for him now. In a flower, on the moon, under the fire, outside of the... Where?

I notice the frustrated look on Roman's face as he stares at the bed. It's not a frustration; it's a disbelieve. I haven't lied to him that Dean is here. Maybe my eyes can lie to me, but my heart doesn't. It felt the presence of Dean with me last night. 

"I didn't lie to you. My husband was here.." I try to convince him and make him believe the truth in my words. I didn't know how to express the feelings that I'd felt when I was with Dean.

I walk over to the bed and pat the space where Dean has laid earlier. "Roman, he laid here. And I was laid on his chest.. like this." I lay on the bed like before and put the pillow under my head, considering it as Dean. "Till now, his warmth on my neck has not diminished."

He looks at me with a worried face and feels sorry for me. He still doesn't believe my words, and that hurts me more. The expression on his face shows me what is going on in his mind.

I have to do something before he totally refuses my words. I close my eyes and try to sense where Dean is. I can feel that he is near me. I open my eyes and get off the bed, running to the hall. "I know you're here, Dean!"

The hall is empty, so I look around the house in search of him and run to the bathroom to realize if he is there. "Dean," I call out for him helplessly and try to sense correctly. I grasped nothing before because I didn't need anything, and he was there for me.

I make my way to the kitchen when I feel he is there, but Roman grabs my hand and takes me to the living room. I try to convince him that Dean is here and I will find him soon, but he doesn't listen to my words and makes me sit on the couch.

He sits next to me and talks to me slowly, clarifying that I'm not feeling bad about it. "Seth, I know how you feel. Just come with me to our home, and we will discuss it there. You will be mad if you're staying here and thinking about him the whole time."

"Home?! The building is not home, Roman. The place where he is that is home to me!" I respond and recall the moments we have shared here and in the vampire world. I smile as I think about those beautiful moments of us. What else would I need except those memorable moments in my heart?

The smile on my face fades away when I hear a noise from the kitchen. I get up from the couch and make my way there, but stop when I feel something evil vibe around me. My heart is hammering in my chest as I sense the vibe getting closer to me.

"Leave," I yell at Roman and show the door to him. I don't want him to get into any trouble for me, so I force him to leave the place. "Please, Roman! Leave!" I hold my hands together in a praying position and beg him, "Leave.."

"I'll leave if you promise me to visit my home at night." He says and looks around, trying to find what is bothering me.

"I promise." I hold my hand out and stop him from further moving near me. My eyes are roaming around to find where the trouble is coming from.

He points at the food bags on the coffee table and says, "Food is there, so eat on time." He walks to the door slowly and opens it to leave. "Love you, brother." He gives me a weak smile and leaves the house without having a heart.

I walk over to the door and lock it before leaning against it in fear. I use my vampire speed and run around the complete house to lock all the doors and windows. I get tensed when I can't close the window that has broken by Dean last night.

I bite my lip nervously and think about how to cover the opening. I tie the curtains on either side of the window and make sure no one can enter my house. As I turn around, I gasp when a figure stands in front of me, like a ghost.

A smile curls on my lips when icy blue eyes are sparkling in the light. "Dean," I pull him into a hug without caring about the flour that is covering his entire body. "I thought you had left," I mumble against his skin and press a kiss on his neck.

"I don't know why I haven't left yet. I thought you would scare if I was not here." He says and soothes my back, trying to comfort me. "Maybe someone can hurt you if you're staying here alone."

I pull away from him and see the concern in his face for me. "I could feel you were here, but Roman didn't believe me. Why did you hide when he came here to see you?" I ask and ruffle his hair, dusting the flour off. I need to know why he's not ready to face my cousin.

"I-" His words stop in his throat when I pull him into a kiss. His eyes widen, and a soft smile tugs at his lips as he sees me closer to him. He wraps his arms around my waist and holds me tight against him, not knowing what is happening around us.

I part my lips and let his tongue slide into my mouth, running my hand through his hair. I make sure no one can see our faces if they try so. I can't feel anything because my mind is far haunted on the outside and tried to know who is surrounding us.

My heart beats fast as I feel the presence of Nosferatu vampires around us. Maybe Aleister Black can send them to search for Dean, and I won't let them near him this time. I need to save him from them without putting pressure on him, so I push him to the floor and crawl onto him.

My eyes shift to gold as I turn my gaze to the window when I feel someone pass by. I turn quickly and smash my lips into Dean's, covering his face with mine when a pair of eyes look into the window.

I moan and swat his hand away when his fingers sneak up under my shirt and try to feel my skin. I can let him do anything to me, but I won't allow anyone to see my body other than him. I know he will never forgive himself if I even do that to save him.