Chapter 12

Seth POV:

I disappear from Roman's house as I've planned and return to the forest before sunrise. I know he will be angry when he notices my absence, but I can do nothing. I can't face any of my relations without my husband on my side. I don't want them to worry about my life and feel sorry for me.

I shove my worries away and look for my love while making my way to my place. I stop at certain sets and recall everything that Godmother Beth Phoenix has described. Apart from every word, only one thing clings to my mind, and that is, he can't feel me...

I let out a frustrated sigh and dash toward my house when my eyes spot the sight of it. Even if he's nowhere near me, his memories comfort me in every possible way by surrounding me. I know it can't be him how good it tries, but it can give the warmth that my friends and family can't give to me.

I unlock the door and meet with Dean instantly, shocking to see him standing in the middle of the living room. A look flashes across my face, and I know we probably both feel the same way. Even if he couldn't feel anything, I knew how it would be to him.

He crosses the room in one long step, crowding me back into the wall, carefully not touching me but getting as close as he can. His eyes narrow in anger and reflect the heat on his cheeks.

I open my mouth to say something, head ducking, backing down just a little. I didn't see this much anger in him before. I don't know if this anger is because of me or something else. I have to calm him before he loses his mind again.

"Don't! Don't say a fucking thing, Seth." He swiftly closes the space between us by pulling my face to his and kissing me hard. There is nothing gentle in this because it's a reflection of his anger. His action proves that he is upset because of me.

I start to think what I've done wrong until he demands in the kiss, aggressively, tongue pushing its way into my mouth. I'm startled as I feel his hands drop to my waist, then spin me around and shove me all the way back into the wall with enough force to rattle the picture that hangs there.

"Why did you're not here when I invaded?" His voice is pure bratty, with the heat of anger ripping through him.

"I-I just spent the night in my cousin's house." I try to make him understand, but the look in his eyes is still unconvinced. It's really challenging to convince him if he doesn't want to believe what I'm saying.

He grabs me by the forearm tightly and drags me to the middle, not a word being spoken. He picks me up and throws me on the couch, but in the meantime, he resorts to breaking the embrace for the barest of seconds to sweep the whatever things on the coffee table.

I dimly register the crash of a glass hitting the floor while I perch up on the edge of the coffee table where he can leverage the situation to his advantage. I wander my mind to the viable events that may happen now. I don't worry about anything other than him.

He sits on the couch across from me and pushes his way between my thighs, sending a fresh wave of heat through me. His hand finds its way into my throat, not restricting airflow, just pushing my head back to show off the long line of my throat.

He leans into my space and latches into my throat, sucking hard. A tear spills out of my eye when he proves who he is! Even after everything, he is still a vampire. No one can change the nature that is happening with birth.

I make a strangled sound deep in my throat, the hand not supporting my weight grasping at his side, fingers knotting in his shirt. I cry out helplessly when he lays in a vicious bite to my trapezius muscle.

The mark he has left on my throat is a horrifying shade of purple. I'm pretty sure that I have some bruises on my back from being slammed into the wall. If anyone storms into our house now, they will think we're in a fight.

"I don't like you think about others while you're with me." He looks crazy, barely in control. He cocks his head to the side and takes in my soul for a moment.

My eyes flick to his face and get lost in his icy blue until he passes out on me. And soon enough, I find myself drifting off on his shoulder, knowing what Aleister might do.

Dean POV:

I abruptly wake up and find that I'm on a comfortable couch without having Seth near me. I palm my face and rub the sleep out of my eyes, exhaling from my nose. I don't know why I'm getting angry at him for not staying with me.

There is something about him that keeps plaguing my mind. It's like we have known each other for so much longer than it actually becomes. It's like we have a strong connection between us, especially when I get the way he looks at me.

I turn to look at him as he walks in with a tray full of food and hot drinks. I don't need anyone's pity or help, so I stand to leave but fall back on the couch weakly. I don't know what has happened to me sometimes.

"Hey, relax. Eat some; it's not tainted." He puts the tray on the coffee table and helps me adjust my position on the couch. When he notices my expression, he shakes his head with a small smile and picks a sandwich to eat, wanting to prove it to me.

I grab a sandwich from him and take a bite without cursing anything. I don't need him to prove me anything because I know him well, even if we've barely met. I continue eating the food and think about what his mind dreams of me. How could he know my needs by just looking into my eyes?

When I've almost done, I notice him look at me with wide eyes. I clean my mouth with the back of my hand and glance at him. "Sorry, sweetheart. You want to eat too?"

He shakes his head and looks away. "No, no. Eat." He gives me a quick smile and gets up from the couch. "You want more?"

I swallow the last bite and sip some of the hot tea, looking at the door. "Nope. I have to go." I walk to the door and open it, glancing at the sky. It seems like the rain is gonna pour soon. I freeze for a moment when he turns me around and makes me look at him.

"Wait! Where do you stay if you're outside?" He asks abruptly, still holding my hand.

I raise an eyebrow at him and frame myself against the doorway. "Why do you ask?"

"I-I.." He stutters and looks at me in the eyes for a moment before throwing himself over me.

I hug him back and press a kiss on his cheek before breaking the hug and walking backward. It's time to escape. "Bye." I wink at him and disappear into the forest, going where no one knows. Not even I know!