Chapter 1

Roman POV:

It has been two years and eight months since I have lost my cousin, Seth Rollins. Still, I couldn't get out of it because I lost him to a vampire. I don't know whether he's alive or not. After his missing, our family broke down and lived with guilt for not keeping the promise. What did we do wrong to deserve this life?

As I watch the snow falling outside the window, it remembers him a lot. He liked this season very much to stay in the house and watch the snowfall. It was one of his moments that made him keep recalling his family. Even if he lost his parents in one of those climates, he believed his parents only gave warmth to him for these days. He was sensitive. He would care more about us than himself. That's why I still miss him a lot.

A single drop of tear leaves my eye as I think about him. I really miss him. And I certainly want him back in my life. I let my finger wipe the tear away and hope he will be safe wherever he is. Because he's more than a good guy who doesn't deserve to die at a young age without getting genuine happiness in his life. I sigh and try to calm myself down before deciding to end this day.

I walk over to the bed and grab a photo frame of him and me on the bedside table. It still speaks of our brotherly love for one another. I let my fingers trail over his face and see it for a few minutes before realizing the time. With the memories of him, I close my eyes and drift into slumber.

A few hours later, I hear the window opening and feel the cool air hit my body. I'm not a heavy sleeper like before after I have lost Seth, so it doesn't take long to keep me jolt awake. I open my eyes and roll onto my back, not caring about anything much. Even if I don't want to cherish it, the sight in front of me makes me care about it.  

My eyes can't get any wider without popping out of my skull. I haven't even turned on the light yet. But from the moonlight outside the window, I know who is standing at the foot of the bed. I can recognize the silhouette of him anywhere. 

"Seth!" I mumble and see him standing at the edge with his hands in his pockets and a hoodie over his dark hair. I try to sit up straight, still haven't turned on the fucking light like a normal, active, sensible human being.

"W-When I turned back to look at you that day," I stutter, almost like I'm talking to myself with all the memories of that night. "Y-You had gone!" I mutter and hear him smiling in the bleak, and his eyes sparkling with some emotions. I don't know whether he is smiling or crying.

"R-Roman," He says, and I almost sob at the sound of his voice. It has been long years since I catch his voice again. It sounds the same way, like before, with love and gentle. Indeed, he is here. I'm not just daydreaming.

I move over to the nightstand and almost knock the lamp off while trying to turn it on. My bedroom turns dim, the little yellow light filling up half a corner of the room.

He flinches at the sudden brightness and turns his head just enough for the hoodie of his jacket to darken his face. What is that? Why does he scare off the light? There is something about him that he's hiding from me. What's going on? The uncomfortableness in his body is not good.

I throw the blanket away and practically leap across the mattress to reach him, but he is now far away on my right. It is only a centimeter worth of distance, but I know he has moved. How?! I didn't even see his legs move. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong. The way he's still acting and doesn't ready to look at me in the eyes even if we haven't seen each other for almost two and half years... Doesn't it seem right?

"What the hell? You're not really here, are you? I'm dreaming, ain't I?" I babble as I slip off the bed. This time, I see him move and take a wary step back to avoid me. Wait! Is he scared of me or what?

"Seth!" I call him, but he shakes his head and moves away further. It's not right. I still can't see his eyes behind the hoodie. And I'm sure by his attitude that he doesn't want to face me now.

"Roman, stay there." He says calmly.

I narrow my eyes and glance at him up and down to know what's he into. Something is bothering me, so I step toward him, reaching out and catching his arm before he can move, as he has done earlier. "Why are you running away from me?" I ask and look at him, confused. I eye him suspiciously, trying to see under his hoodie, then suddenly something clicks on my mind. "Are you a vampire?"

He breathes out sharply with some kind of exasperated laugh. There is a flash of white in the dark, and something twists in my chest. I can see his teeth, and it's not just any teeth; it's pointed fangs. To clear my doubt, he nods his head slowly.

I clear my throat and try to stop the tightness in my chest. I didn't expect this, but I'd accepted the truth, anyway. "Okay, I'm going to turn on the light, then we can talk about what has happened." I try to comfort him, not wanting to scare him away.

He shakes his head slowly, "Um... The lamp is enough. I'm not planning on staying long, anyway."

I look at him confusedly because he looks like a mystery to me now. "What?!"

"Yeah... I just wanted to see you, so I came here. There's nothing more. I can't stay with you even if I wish!" He shrugs, trying to move away from me. His attitude makes me crazy. But I try hard not to make the situation any complex.

"Why? It's because you're a vampire?" I growl suddenly and understandably angry now. I don't care if he is a vampire. Apart from anything, he is my cousin. And I don't want to forget it for anything.

I yank him forward, hard enough for him to trip over his own feet and end up sitting down hard on the bed. "How long you're here? Why didn't you come to look for me sooner?" I ask, immediately swamping him with questions.

He doesn't reply to anything, so it makes me angry and think about the last time we have clashed. Even if the incident has happened two years before, I still feel it's happened yesterday. Ruffling my hair absentmindedly, I look around the room in search of Dean, who's responsible for all this, and feel something is wrong with his absence.

"Where is Dean? Did he leave you alone?" I ask, with a mixed expression of confusion and anger.

He hangs his head low, looking at the floor. It seems he's holding something big in his heart. The drop of tears hit the floor one by one with so many emotions. It resembles how much pain he is in. He sobs heavily as he wraps his fingers around a locket with love in his heart.