𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. tightrope

☾𝐱𝐢𝐱. ═════════

═════════ 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞

═════════ 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞.

IT HAD BEEN A NIGHT AND A DAY since Samuel had gone missing, so Emilia shouldn't have been as suprised as she was to see a commando of police officers marching through the door, and the much too-known inspector with Azucena in her office.

This undeniably gut-wrenching turn of events forced Emilia to reconsider her ground rules, only established circa a day earlier.

She didn't even think of the act; she actually literally walked into Carla watching the police, clearly distressed as much as she tried to hide it.

Neither of them were calm, and even though they might have been able to fool their classmates, they definitely couldn't hide it from each other. They were too much alike in their ways.

"Do you know where he is?"

"Do you think I would have asked you yesterday if I did?"

"I don't know, you do a lot of things just because they make sense in your mind," Emilia hissed. "But you know it's your fault that he's missing. He found out about you and Polo and the next thing you know-"

"We don't know what happened," Carla interrupted her, but her hand was already shaking. "I don't-"

"This is what always happens to guys who get close to you! If something happens to Samuel, I'm gonna kill you myself-" Emilia whispered manically, enraged tears in her eyes. "Why did you have to fuck him up? Why Samuel? I loved him, Carla!"

Carla twitched and her hair stood on ends as she watched Emilia overtaken by feelings she didn't even know she had. Before the other blonde could stomach her very unplanned outburst, the last person she wanted to speak to came into view.

"Sorry, Carla," Polo's voice was pure ice. "I need to steal her. Emilia and I need to talk."

He dragged the blonde into an empty classroom by her wrist, slammed the door and barked into her face. "What the fuck do you think you're playing at?"

"Did you do anything to Samuel?" Emilia's veins were pulsing with adrenaline.

"I would've been right to, after you tried to rob me-" Polo was clutching her hand so tightly that Emilia could feel the little bones cracking. "I didn't think much of people breaking into our house after the party at first but then it clicked. Just so you know, your little plan didn't work. They didn't find the drive and I still have it. I better not find out who were the people you sent and if you told anyone, or else-"